Live Catch Rabbit Traps

3 properly placed drop boxes is your best option dig them in in there runs under fence or wall..keep door locked for 5 or so days then unlease the pin..muliple catch and ambush trap..more fieldcratt involved tho.

Words from a simpleton

• Haha 1

Ive had a great experience with cage traps got asked if i could remove a rabbit from the bosses walled garden where he did a bit vegetable gardening , so i appear one sunday morning with the lurcher and ferrets , There's a scrape under the gate where it got in so i says to the gardener fix that and problem solved after we get this yin . The lurcher scents it

under a box hedge takes off after it and slides on the shell path sending these shells flying over the box hedge im having great fun watching my dog course this rabbit up and down under in and out the hedges before the rabbit dives into a gap in the wall and im looking thinking sod that im no putting my ferret in there , So i pulled one of three catch alive traps i have quartered a carrot and set the trap next to the hole in the wall . Monday morning gets a call to see the landscape manager and im thinking im going to get chewed about the mess the lurcher made of the paths , And he says the boss found the rabbit in the trap this morning bob great catch he let it go in the field and your traps here :laugh::laugh::laugh:

• Like 4

I already have few live catch traps and have used many times them with a very good catch rate.

Can I ask how you use them then?

Because most posts here seem to find them rather limiting. I have used in a domestic garden with carrot as bait in/around trap - but mice seem to take them. Have used in fields with the traps set to catch rabbits as they run for home, but again limited success.

Would love some top tips Torquemada

I already have few live catch traps and have used many times them with a very good catch rate.

Can I ask how you use them then?

Because most posts here seem to find them rather limiting. I have used in a domestic garden with carrot as bait in/around trap - but mice seem to take them. Have used in fields with the traps set to catch rabbits as they run for home, but again limited success.

Would love some top tips Torquemada

put some wheat in them
  • Like 1

3 properly placed drop boxes is your best option dig them in in there runs under fence or wall..keep door locked for 5 or so days then unlease the pin..muliple catch and ambush trap..more fieldcratt involved tho.

spot on,but remember to watch out for the odd stoat as it will go up and down your finger like someone playing a mouth organ,and it hurts,wf