Anybody Know What This Could Be?

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There's a few pictures of the gun. sorry they arent all on one post but im not too good with putting pictures up on here.   I have been speaking with Bigmac and he has talked me through each step on

I love seeing made in West Germany stamp on a German gun. Built before the Berlin Wall came down and made when the quality was at their best.

Posted Images

Aye up BD.

Whilst rained off late this afternoon I did a tad of research on the old Original rifle, model 50.

It was actually a Diana rifle under the new name of Original as after the war years this German company were given licence to make air guns again , or something along those lines .

If you look on the left side, just above the trigger housing, you should see a few numbers like say, 10 67,- translated means manufactured October, 1967.

She weighs approx.` 9 - 10 lbs.

Her average velocity using Eley Wasp pellets was around 480 ft/sec at best.

The differences in velocity over 10 shots was 43 ft/sec

Her muzzle energy is around 7 ft/lbs

Be warned :rtfm: ! She is a monster to strip and put back together correctly.

The piston seal is a leather.

I shot a .177 Original 50 in the very early 80`s to great effect and I cannot remember having such low power as is suggested ?

Watch for yourself BD on you tube. Original 50 air rifle.

They also suggest a price tag of around £160 - for a 50 in good order, personally I think that price is on the reserved side. I would have thought £220 "ish"

Good luck with her :good:

atb Mark.

• Like 1

Aye up BD.

Whilst rained off late this afternoon I did a tad of research on the old Original rifle, model 50.

It was actually a Diana rifle under the new name of Original as after the war years this German company were given licence to make air guns again , or something along those lines .

If you look on the left side, just above the trigger housing, you should see a few numbers like say, 10 67,- translated means manufactured October, 1967.

She weighs approx.` 9 - 10 lbs.

Her average velocity using Eley Wasp pellets was around 480 ft/sec at best.

The differences in velocity over 10 shots was 43 ft/sec

Her muzzle energy is around 7 ft/lbs

Be warned :rtfm: ! She is a monster to strip and put back together correctly.

The piston seal is a leather.

I shot a .177 Original 50 in the very early 80`s to great effect and I cannot remember having such low power as is suggested ?

Watch for yourself BD on you tube. Original 50 air rifle.

They also suggest a price tag of around £160 - for a 50 in good order, personally I think that price is on the reserved side. I would have thought £220 "ish"

Good luck with her :good:

atb Mark.

Thanks for that insight Mark i really appreciate that information. I will have a look on youtube at the video.

I have had a look and i can't see a date on the gun, all i can see is "made in west germany"