This One Needed Going .

Thought I'd post this evenings effort , no great stalk just another evening in the high seat but this Buck came out with a pricket about 160mtr from the seat , initially they were walking away from my seat which I'd put under a large oak were yesterday there was wall to wall deer feeding on this years bumper acorn crop , but they stopped and then walked straight at me , the pricket was in front and with a good rest I dropped him at about 80mtr , the sorrel took off but only towards me were he stopped at the edge of the wood to look at his mate twitching on the ground , initially I was going to leave him his head was quite symmetrical but checking him out through the scope I noticed he was badly tangled in electric fencing wire around his antlers and neck . No option I squeezed the trigger and on closer inspection was pleased I had ..

post-81636-0-90264700-1507239425_thumb.jpgpost-81636-0-05498800-1507239442_thumb.jpg

• Like 13

Yea he needed sorting he would have ended up caught on a fence or tangled with another buck now the rut is kicking of , he was also tangled around one of his back legs that had also cut through the skin and was carrying an old broken joint injury , not surprisingly he wasn't in the best of condition ..

I had a similar one a while back. He was even sporting the optional fence stake with his tape scarf!

Had a few round here Born with the fence stakes , one of the worst was a fair sized buck completely wrapped in electric fencing with three posts tangled in amongst it and with the electric still on , fcuk did I jump when I touched it , completely exhausted but still alive he must have got tangled in the night and I got a call about seven in the morning when the owners went to check the horses ...the electric fencing when there cleaning velvet is a menace ..had another caught by the antlers with about 60 metres to run free on before it jerked him to a halt , that was a bit hairy getting close enough to finish him with him flat out running and jumping before the wire tightened and stopped him dead in his tracks ..

• Like 1

I had a similar one a while back. He was even sporting the optional fence stake with his tape scarf!

Had a few round here Born with the fence stakes , one of the worst was a fair sized buck completely wrapped in electric fencing with three posts tangled in amongst it and with the electric still on , fcuk did I jump when I touched it , completely exhausted but still alive he must have got tangled in the night and I got a call about seven in the morning when the owners went to check the horses ...the electric fencing when there cleaning velvet is a menace ..had another caught by the antlers with about 60 metres to run free on before it jerked him to a halt , that was a bit hairy getting close enough to finish him with him flat out running and jumping before the wire tightened and stopped him dead in his tracks ..
Good call dropping that deer mate, that stuff is a nightmare, suffering over, I have shot them hung up on the fences before now, but not had one walk onto me with half of it around his neck, dog looks well chuffed as well Edited by 3175darren

Good call dropping that deer mate, that stuff is a nightmare, suffering over, I have shot them hung up on the fences before now, but not had one walk onto me with half of it around his neck, dog looks well chuffed as well

It's a cheap way to devide the horse fields D and every one and his uncle have got horses round here so it's not unusual to get a few every year tangled up ..sad way to go though ..

Good call dropping that deer mate, that stuff is a nightmare, suffering over, I have shot them hung up on the fences before now, but not had one walk onto me with half of it around his neck, dog looks well chuffed as well

It's a cheap way to devide the horse fields D and every one and his uncle have got horses round here so it's not unusual to get a few every year tangled up ..sad way to go though ..

my other half uses it for her hoses but we don't have any fallow as such, or red around where I live