Yes Cantonna. And if, and I say if, you take Matty's advice, I want you bringing me back a Zander because all that lot round here can't do it. I've heard more excuses than a little. My family are near starved and all the while these guys are doing well on pike, perch and chillies. There is a god somewhere and he says that there are Zander in these here waters which may be divided between the good. All I want is one ffs. Jok.

• Like 1

Yes Cantonna. And if, and I say if, you take Matty's advice, I want you bringing me back a Zander because all that lot round here can't do it. I've heard more excuses than a little. My family are near starved and all the while these guys are doing well on pike, perch and chillies. There is a god somewhere and he says that there are Zander in these here waters which may be divided between the good. All I want is one ffs. Jok.

Come down here jok, loads of zander about.

• Like 1

Eh up son. Yes I did say that I was gonna give you a visit. These guys up here just can't cut it. Lol. I WILL see the year out with a Zander, cooked by my good self, with herbs and veg from my garden and farom a greenhouse supplied by MattyG. The lads down the club were promised home made faggots and did I dissapoint.? No. Beef stew with herby dumplings next Thursday night. Will I dissapoint? No. Ffs how hard is it to catch a fish that will eat anything chucked near its nose. I reckon I'll give up ferreting and take to these predators that need mugging. Oh and just by the way Rabid. MattyG has had all my apples and he does make a nice cider lol. Happy days all round. Actually, I'm on my way to brothers in a couple of weeks and am going to drop in on Airgun Ant in Lanark. Also going to meet a keen rabbiting man in the Borders who does a lovely underground camera attached to his ferrets but doesn't like people knowing where he is ffs. He'll buy me a beer I'll bet. Jok.

Does zander taste good then? Id love to try

it tastes like you'd expect....shite,as with most fresh water fish its the ingredients you cook it with that makes the difference,id suggest plenty spring onions over it.
  • Like 1

Lurcherman. It is absolutely the best fresh water fish if prepared and cooked in the right way. The flakes are huge and because of the bone structure you won't have any problems eating. Done with a nice shallot sauce cream and a bit of dill you'll be back for more. Trouble is. No Zander.. Jok.

• Like 1