Ayup everyone. I'm totally new to hunting with catapults and was wondering if anybody could recommend a good value catapult that will take a pheasant?

I was looking at wasp catapults but I was thinking that you would need to get a good head shot with these due to lack of power?

Thanks

Ayup everyone. I'm totally new to hunting with catapults and was wondering if anybody could recommend a good value catapult that will take a pheasant?

I was looking at wasp catapults but I was thinking that you would need to get a good head shot with these due to lack of power?

Thanks

the wasp,s a real good stater catty, probably best value for money catty and more than capable of bagging small game, look back at catapult kids posts, though I would say you need to be able to hit your target cleanly before you start trying to bag live quarry if you look on YouTube most people are not using massive ammo but taking head shots with small Bb,s, if you buy a catty and try to go hunting without learning to shoot it you will probably end up with no knuckles, no success and no interest in trying again, good luck and welcome on board
  • Like 1

Sorry for the stupid question but how do I look back at catapult kids posts (I'm not the most computer literate)? Oh yeah ill be practicing loads before I go out. I don't like causing any unnecessary suffering. I've been watching this Irish lad on YouTube, he's a right shot and makes it look so easy. I just wanted to make sure I could take pheasants cleanly before I spend my money and put in hours of practice.

Cheers

Cheers mate I've just bought a wasp starter setup yesterday for less than £20!!! I'm gonna get plenty of practice with these 9.5mm bb and then have a go with some led once I'm experienced and have some game in the bag. Can't wait to have a go out in the field but I'll do my best to be an expert marksman before I even attempt at anything. I'm not one to give up easy like those people that go out fishing once, don't catch anything and then slag the hell out of it.

Thanks for the info

Cheers mate I've just bought a wasp starter setup yesterday for less than £20!!! I'm gonna get plenty of practice with these 9.5mm bb and then have a go with some led once I'm experienced and have some game in the bag. Can't wait to have a go out in the field but I'll do my best to be an expert marksman before I even attempt at anything. I'm not one to give up easy like those people that go out fishing once, don't catch anything and then slag the hell out of it.

Thanks for the info

as you get into it you will notice that it's the band width that determines what you fire from the catty I normally use a 15mm wide band for shooting targets with 9.5 steel bb,s which is really accurate but not really man enough for anything live, if I,m after a few pheasants its 30mm and above with 12mm leads as ammo as an all round width I like 25 mm for a bit of target and the odd pigeon the frame has very little bearing on what your shooting but has a big bearing on accuracy so when your hitting target regularly just fit wider bands and your good to go or like many of us just have loads of different catty,s, for different things
  • 1 month later...