Harkila Or Swedteam

Been looking at harkila extreme leather front trousers....or swedteam Kevlar. Has anyone used these and how do they rate them in the wet? Iv had two pairs of harkila pro hunters myself and although the first pair seemed alot better than the second...i was gonna steer away until I heard the leather front harkila are good. Before I shell out 400 spondoolies has anyone on here got any experience with the trousers above?

Not used them ones but have worn these extensively over several years. They're $74.95 USD which puts them at 55 quid of the Queen's... They're not waterproof but I live the desert so I'm not looking at that as a pre-requisite. I'm sure that washing them with Nikwax will do the trick.

At £400 though you're looking at nearly 8 pairs to one... The difference would get me a lot of shotgun shells! :laugh:

• Like 1

Not used them ones but have worn these extensively over several years. They're $74.95 USD which puts them at 55 quid of the Queen's... They're not waterproof but I live the desert so I'm not looking at that as a pre-requisite. I'm sure that washing them with Nikwax will do the trick.

At £400 though you're looking at nearly 8 pairs to one... The difference would get me a lot of shotgun shells! :laugh:

Are they the same thing I've been wearing for years from Cabellas? Though I wear water resistant ones now. I've mentioned them quite a few times on here, but no one takes any notice! Haha.......they just keep banging on about harkila etc for 3 times the money blah blah blah........

Cabellas briar proof dry plus. Great for hawking & digging :-)

Edited by Accip74

The only thing I'd spend £400 on is a jacket, though I never have.....for trousers it's fcuking madness! Must be more cash than sense.....;-)

Edited by Accip74
  • Like 1

Most of mine end up with the ass ripped out due to short legs and barbed wire hence my chosen trouser outlets are the charity shop or army surplus, I just don't know how you can get that much value into a pair of strides, let's get a picture of these super pants up

The only thing I'd spend £400 on is a jacket, though I never have.....for trousers it's fcuking madness! Must be more cash than sense.....;-)

Iv spent 400 on a harkila coat and I never would again. 135 keela munro job done...thats the top half sorted so the bottom half I now need...the reason I don't mind spending 400 is because from now until March I spend a lot of time outdoors an I don't wanna be shivering with a shrivveled cock wishing I wasn't there...

Iv spent 400 on a harkila coat and I never would again. 135 keela munro job done...thats the top half sorted so the bottom half I now need...the reason I don't mind spending 400 is because from now until March I spend a lot of time outdoors an I don't wanna be shivering with a shrivveled cock wishing I wasn't there...
Try the trousers I've put up on the previous post. I can tell from your posts you do a lot more digging than me, but for the last 2 seasons these briar proof dry plus have been spot on. They should cost you less than a £100 by the time you've got them sent from the states, so no big loss if you don't like them.......

As I've said, I've been using these Cabellas briar proof trousers for about 10 years, before the dry-plus, much of which has been spent waist high in bramble & I wouldn't spend serious money on anything else ;-)

Edited by Accip74

Try the trousers I've put up on the previous post. I can tell from your posts you do a lot more digging than me, but for the last 2 seasons these briar proof dry plus have been spot on. They should cost you less than a £100 by the time you've got them sent from the states, so no big loss if you don't like them.......

As I've said, I've been using these Cabellas briar proof trousers for about 10 years, before the dry-plus, much of which has been spent waist high in bramble & I wouldn't spend serious money on anything else ;-)

Cheers for the reply...iv used them but only really use them for Autumn hunting. I used to use duck dri or keela rainlife leggings as overtrousers. Where i go is a wet and windy area most of the time so need something warm and dry and 400 notes wouldn't bother me aslong as I'm that and they do as they say on the tin...prices are getting scandalous though!

Are they the same thing I've been wearing for years from Cabellas?

Similar. Those pants from Duluth are made from the canvas they used to wrap fire hoses in. It's a lot tougher than the duck cotton. Nothing wrong with the duck cotton but if you're willing to splurge that much on a pair of kecks get several pairs! :thumbs: