Flying

Does anyone know why when on a night flight you have to have the little shutters on the windows open, when landing and taking off? Came back late last night from hols and it was mentioned, and seem to recall on previous night time flights it being the rule? Did ask a stewardess but she didn't have an answer, few things I've wanted to ask, "what does that do?" but with today's security, dont want to arouse any suspicion that I might be upto something! Lol.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And if you ask the stewardess, she not really going to say "You have to do these things so your body can be identified, should you die horribly in the event of a crash !"......is she ?

There’s light and there’s light ,! They haven’t even finished putting that fcuker together ..

Posted Images

In a nutshell, mate, it's in case the plane crashes !

You are designated to a seat, so the airline knows who sat where. You put your seatbelt on, so you stay in that seat, should the worst happen, and you keep your blind up, so that torches can be shone into the wreckage.....

Sorry if that's grim, but that's the reasons for passenger take off and landing procedures.....

(Courtesy of QI)

• Like 1

I've been on a plane a dozen times and hated it every single time...haven't been on one for 15 years and don't think i will again...seen too many episodes of Air Crash Investigation

same here mate, ive havent been on a plane for about 10 years , but never enjoy it. i have to get me mind right , same if i was having a OP etc, i am here now so just hope luck on my side that day . just get your mind in control , and blank out fear. when i was younger was shit scared of dentist , but got me mind right and think fook it , it will be over soon, just get your mind right for any situation :yes:

• Like 1

It's the complete opposite on a military plane in and out of any conflict zone ... turn off all light seal any windows and gaps incase any fukcer with a surface to air missile sees you lol ......

And if you ask the stewardess, she not really going to say "You have to do these things so your body can be identified, should you die horribly in the event of a crash !"......is she ?

I'd be pissing myself if I heard a stewardess tell someone that :lol:

I'd be pissing myself if I heard a stewardess tell someone that :lol:

Would certainly set a cat amongst the pigeons wouldn't it ???

Personally I'd be cracking up too ;)

Remember folk telling me when the pan am went down over lockerbie poor c**ts still strapped in there seats in fields and up trees.

hope the sudden pressure change knocked them out before they hit the ground.

Imagine being the poor sod having to sift through that wreckage!

Remember folk telling me when the pan am went down over lockerbie poor c**ts still strapped in there seats in fields and up trees.

hope the sudden pressure change knocked them out before they hit the ground.

Imagine being the poor sod having to sift through that wreckage!

I get what you are saying there. However being strapped into her seat saved that lasses life in the 70s over the Amazon I think it was.

I know someone here who does the photos and clean up after the suicides on the metro. Not a job for the faint hearted.

• Like 1