Evening all,

Just wondering if anyone has ever seen, knows of plans for a "good" manual apple crusher? Last few years I've used one of the German electric spiedel jobbies which are awesome, but they rely on electric. I want to be old school and produce my pumice manually.

Tried the over priced vigo crap that gives you about 30% return and a few other crushers but I need a real productive one.

So anyone got any ideas?

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well had a busy day today 9 Gallons of Cider OG of 1055 not bad I suppose and I've got a bucket of Pear pulp which I'm going to press tomorrow about a gallon I read it's good practice to leave it 24 h

But in the meantime

Strimmer in a barrel ........

Posted Images

Well I decided I'm not going to find exactly what I'm looking for so for this year I'm going to stick with modern and extremely efficient, so I've bought the big spiedel jobby from vigo. A lot of money but easily recouped when you put it against the value of the cider.

We started bottling last year's today, only forty five bottles (430 ish) to go.

post-5478-0-10048000-1506784255_thumb.jpg

Edited by mole trapper
  • Like 2

I use this Bosch tree shredder that's never seen a tree I think there about £180 from B&Q I picked it up for £30 on gumtree works a treat.

I've used the blade that connects to a drill in a bucket pulp master in my opinion back breaking and dangerous sitting in the garage never to be used again.

Mole trapper your cider looks fantastic real nice quality looking stuff, I think your allowed to produce and sell up to 7000 litres before Customs & Excise want a slice.

I think if upped my game and had a good supply of apples the Vigo electric pulper is the way to go.

post-20963-0-69350300-1507480053_thumb.jpg

Any body seen this on eBay good investment if any one is seriously going bigger with a good supply of apples. https://www.ebay.co.uk/i/162692218967

I foraged these today Bag of pears there as well trying out a gallon of Perry.

post-20963-0-42800000-1507480223_thumb.jpg

• Like 1