Beddy Whippet Breed In G

seen this type of mating, twice now, the first time was a whippetx grey dog to a pure bedlington bitch, the resultant litter made no height at all including dog pups,just looked like overgrown bedlingtons,the second mating was bedlington bitchx bedlington whippet,with same results, pups hardly making 18tts, these dogs made excellent bushing ,ferreting,and ratting workers,not running this type of breeding down,but always had bedx greys,bred using a good sized bedlington dog onto a good sound greyhound bitch,but just my view on it.

• Like 1

Thanks for replies yes it more people's opinion s on the bitch passing the pups ok atb due to the dog being bigger

Seen a 21" bitch pass pups from a 28" dog

Know of a Russell bitch pass pups from a 25" collie/grey dog

Bitch will dictate the size of the pups she can carry imo

• Like 1

I don’t think it really matters to much with f1 bedlington whippets what way round there bred long as there parents are actually genuine good working dogs so many people peddling this cross for pocket money out of shit with a premium price tag it’s un real

been out with a youngster tonight bred that way, whippet dog over a beddyxwhip bitch.. nice little runner and some of the dogs from the litter have made 21", as far as passing them I think the bitch managed fine...

my old bitch is bred bedxwhip dog over whippet.. been a good enough dog over the years and caught plenty of rabbits..

if I'm honest though I think a bit of grey would go a long way in them, particularly round here where the fields are a fair size, that bit of extra leg certainly helps IMO