Lovely Big Stag Is Back

Nice, hoping to go for a listen to the rut in a day or 2

This stags not very vocal yet, I wasn't seeing anything until the first week in Oct last year , it's my favourite time of year :thumbs:

Pups filling out well Kay.

Cheers, D.

I have switched her to raw meat , its taken a while to get her to take it , she is a solid strong dog , a bit to strong on the lead for my liking ,but I am hoping that I can sort that out.

Also she will have to be worked , far to much drive to expect her to be a pet ... so I am going to teach myself to lamp ,I am taking her out at night & just getting her used to fetching a ball back to me ,I get the torch beam very narrow & fix it on the ball & she picks it up.... she is still very babyish & dicks about a lot but its giving her a job to do .

So for me the next 6 months will be reading up on the subject :thumbs:

• Like 5

Cheers, D.

I have switched her to raw meat , its taken a while to get her to take it , she is a solid strong dog , a bit to strong on the lead for my liking ,but I am hoping that I can sort that out.

Also she will have to be worked , far to much drive to expect her to be a pet ... so I am going to teach myself to lamp ,I am taking her out at night & just getting her used to fetching a ball back to me ,I get the torch beam very narrow & fix it on the ball & she picks it up.... she is still very babyish & dicks about a lot but its giving her a job to do .

start off small and if she pulls that stag then you know that it's worth continuing with training?

Cheers, D.

There must be somebody on here close to you kay that can show you the ropes on lamping .....

Nice, hoping to go for a listen to the rut in a day or 2

This stags not very vocal yet, I wasn't seeing anything until the first week in Oct last year , it's my favourite time of year :thumbs:

hes a fine animal thats for sure, it is a nice time of year. i herd my first fallow calling a week or so ago but they dont seem to have really got going yet.