Charge That Head-Torch!

Was up in the loftspace of a large villa style bungalow this morning.

No headroom, full of earthwool and ratshit.

Took a left turn then a right etc.

Was wearing an led head torch powered by a Li cell which, as they do, suddenly died without warning.

I found myself in total blackness - couldn't even see my hand in front of my face.

I don't mind admitting it scared the living bejasus out of me, fumbling back through pitch darkness from memory to the loft hatch. I was a quivering wreck when I finally climbed out.

If I'd been more disciplined about charging the head torch, a nasty fxxk up could have been avoided.

They quite neat little led head torches in decathalon for £4 including batteries. I have them as spares all over the place, pockets, truck, van, bags etc. My Mrs thinks I'm mad but you really can't have enough torches about. A bit of light can easily be the difference between a problem solved and a massive cluster f**k!

• Like 1

I have used these for the last few years and it is instant daylight at night or in a loft. They last for about 6-8hrs on all of the time.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BORUiT-Fishing-Light-3CREE-T6-LED-Headlamp-Headlight-Head-Torch-USB-/302460580322?hash=item466c0e31e2:g:O0QAAOSwL5BZwtn5

If the link fails just stick Boruit in eBay and there is loads just make sure you buy the batteries if it doesn't include them

I have used these for the last few years and it is instant daylight at night or in a loft. They last for about 6-8hrs on all of the time.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BORUiT-Fishing-Light-3CREE-T6-LED-Headlamp-Headlight-Head-Torch-USB-/302460580322?hash=item466c0e31e2:g:O0QAAOSwL5BZwtn5

If the link fails just stick Boruit in eBay and there is loads just make sure you buy the batteries if it doesn't include them

Yea have one of those. Three years now. Lots of abuse, and still going strong.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My phone has no torch and was in the van on the day in question.

I now have 2 head torches which I can charge off the old fag lighter.  Next time I go into an unknown void I shall take both with me.

I know I've said it before, but I cannot convey just how shit scary it is to be suddenly totally blind, like having your eyes plucked out and having a couple of lumps of coal jammed in the sockets.

I went on a 2 day bender afterwards and drank myself into a stupor. I'd be bloody useless in a crisis, that I do now realise.