Eu Polecat Hob From England?

Harm

Hello,

A couple of months ago I bought a young EU polecat hob from a man in Holland (where I live). He told me that he had imported a lot of polecats and ferrets out of England, because ferreting is much more 'alive' there than it is in Holland.

The polecat is a really nice, dark animal that is very muscular, strong and fast. The man that sold me this animal told me that he bought the english animals from a wellknown man in the ferretworld, that breeds with polecats for 40 years.

I've red that Rake has a lot of EU polecats, could it be him? Just curious ;)

(The animal on the right is the EU polecat hob. The other two are my jills, they are part polecat.)

post-95132-0-34859200-1506092420_thumb.jpeg

post-95132-0-20047300-1506092435_thumb.jpeg

post-95132-0-79431500-1506092495_thumb.jpeg

post-95132-0-34560000-1506092528_thumb.jpeg

• Like 3

X2 rick I like the darker looking ones

I had an eu hybrid Jill. Hard little critter on the rabbits, but not so Health-wise. When she went to be spayed because of suspected pyometra, they found her bladder was full, with a bladder stone and she passed away, under the anaesthetic....

I had an eu hybrid Jill. Hard little critter on the rabbits, but not so Health-wise. When she went to be spayed because of suspected pyometra, they found her bladder was full, with a bladder stone and she passed away, under the anaesthetic....

That's a shame! How old was she?

The other two ferrets on the picture are two EU Hybrids too. My experience with them is that they are much tougher than the albino ferrets, healthwise too.

I have a full eu polecat hob. He's only young but he's a real fast killer ..... hopping to put him to a mates polecat Jill if they both prove there worth.....should produce some handy workers .

That's my experience too! He kills the biggest rats like they are nothing. But wouldn't that be a problem when ferreting for rabbits, that they will kill underground rabbits instead of chasing them out?

I have a full eu polecat hob. He's only young but he's a real fast killer ..... hopping to put him to a mates polecat Jill if they both prove there worth.....should produce some handy workers .

That's my experience too! He kills the biggest rats like they are nothing. But wouldn't that be a problem when ferreting for rabbits, that they will kill underground rabbits instead of chasing them out?

not really a problem for me no as I work shallow sets mostly .. couple foot at most ....most time they in the 1 or 2 ft deep which takes minits dig them out .... he will bolt them but if the rabbits don't want to move then he will kill them ...

That's a shame! How old was she?

The other two ferrets on the picture are two EU Hybrids too. My experience with them is that they are much tougher than the albino ferrets, healthwise too.

Think she was only just over a year old