• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Extreme Lurcher work

Runningdog addiction

Dig deep, throw well back All by J. Darcy

Stormy Nights and Frosty mornings by Paul Dooley

Down to earth Jack Russells by Bob Clough

Salclalin and DeeD are right the Harcombe/Chapman books are a great read.

Subscribe to Earth Dog Running Dog

Also some good DVD's available from Black Dogs stall at gamefairs, Warrener films etc :good:

Anything by that Frain chap. Top gear. :good:

I hear Frain is a very talented artist also..... ;) .

I see my thoughts have been vindicated by the very brief review afforded Mr Frains latest offering :) (via this weeks Shooting Times), that being, "Rabbiting with Dog, Gun, Hawk, Ferret, Hound, Lawnmower, Strimmer, Smoker, Toaster et al". And I quote; "It's a little utilitarian" :icon_eek: and "a bit text book" :icon_eek: and it's "replete with poorly focused black and white photographs" :no: . I rest my case. Buy it at your peril!

Anything by that Frain chap. Top gear. :good:

I hear Frain is a very talented artist also..... ;) .

I see my thoughts have been vindicated by the very brief review afforded Mr Frains latest offering :) (via this weeks Shooting Times), that being, "Rabbiting with Dog, Gun, Hawk, Ferret, Hound, Lawnmower, Strimmer, Smoker, Toaster et al". And I quote; "It's a little utilitarian" :icon_eek: and "a bit text book" :icon_eek: and it's "replete with poorly focused black and white photographs" :no: . I rest my case. Buy it at your peril!

I bought it as I saw it cheap on Amazon but after reading a few chapters, I have sent it back. It is frankly, pretty poor in my humble opinion. :yes:

The only redeeming feature of the book is the utterly hilarious drawings that are in there, drawn by SF himself. They are so terrible that I am sure they are included as an ironic joke. No-one in all seriousness can publish those without having their tongue firmly in their cheek.....

I particularly like the action drawing of a rabbit bolting with a ferret clamped on the back like a jockey! It is one of the funniest things I have seen in ages! :11: :11:

The other classic sketch shows a hawk closing in on a coney and it honestly looks like the work of a 8 year old.

Actually that is a little unfair on most kids, it in fact looks like the work of an 8 year old who is devoid of any artistic talent whatsoever.... and has been blindfolded for the duration of an art class. :blink:

Don't buy it, unless you want a really good laugh at the drawings.. :11:

In terms of what you should buy, then I would recommend Jackie Drakeford for lurchers and David Harcombe for terriers.

And as stated above, EDRD.....