post-12466-0-76099800-1505933196_thumb.jpg

post-12466-0-69284100-1505933854_thumb.jpg

Anyone had anything similar? About the size of a baked bean, just above the stifle. It feels fixed rather than floating around. I'm not too worried about it in the sense that it isn't getting any bigger. I had an animal chiropractor check it, she said it is possibly a hernia but couldn't be 100% and it isn't causing any type of movement problem. There's no sign of blackthorn or other foreign bodies, the skin in the area is unblemished. The dog is a healthy 2 year old saluki type bitch.

Edited by Caravan Monster

My bull bitch has had an almost identical lump in pretty much the exact same place for over a year now, like you I've no real idea what it actually is but I just keep an eye on it and while it's not growing or causing any discomfort I'm not really worried.

Does it move about or is it fixed?

I know you say it's floating around but does it feel anchored to a point, firmly?

It's firmly fixed, it's difficult to tell what it's fixed to. There's not room to get my fingers around it to tell if it's fixed to bone, muscle etc.

Could be lots of things other than a hernia, lol, first thought would be a slightly distended blood vessel valve or cyst if a young dog.

Do you think it needs checking? Doesn't seem to be giving her any trouble. My local vets are going to be hopeless for this type of thing. So far as I'm aware, the nearest recognised sighthound vet is Daniel Doherty which would be a fair old round trip.

• 2 weeks later...

My bitch has had a couple of similar looking lumps come up with no head, different places mind,it was a build up of grease?

Never seen that before so thought id mention it?

Edited by Gilbey
  • 1 month later...

Thanks FD, I think it'll be ok. The lump hasn't changed, so not too worried about it. Strangely enough, I had a similar lump to the side of my spine that the chiropractor spotted. He broke it down with some sort of spring loaded punch thing, but said that if it wouldn't break down he would recommend having a doctor check it. Stupid dog has just started her season, perfect timing for the long nights :censored:

Got this lump took off me old dog today. It wasn't going away and I took it to a good vet who explained it  wasn't cancer and when dog come on heat it grows . Id have put it down if the was something worse with it even though its a good old dog . He done the operation and the price was very reasonable.  And thanks for your advice fd to do what I was ready to do and take it the vet