Doubling Up Dogs

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Doubling up is moronic at best, it shouldn't even be up for discussion

It's something that is a lot more common than people would believe or admit to. But yes, without doubt it still happens regularly.

I like mine to have a bit of company when he works..........he's very sensitive....

Dose anyone still do this..was out last week with the hounds ran one in the hounds marked well but the old fella with us wanted to try his terrier so off he went dog moved about a bit as if he couldn't stop it.. he asked could he slip his bitch in and they'll get the job done (not a practice I'd preach) sure enough it bolted after 10 minutes lol some hill billy's out there

NO. you should have just explained to the old man that 2 terriers were never needed and you would go to the transport and get 1 single terrier and get the job done quick sharp! and be on ur way

• Like 1

Dose anyone still do this..was out last week with the hounds ran one in the hounds marked well but the old fella with us wanted to try his terrier so off he went dog moved about a bit as if he couldn't stop it.. he asked could he slip his bitch in and they'll get the job done (not a practice I'd preach) sure enough it bolted after 10 minutes lol some hill billy's out there

NO. you should have just explained to the old man that 2 terriers were never needed and you would go to the transport and get 1 single terrier and get the job done quick sharp! and be on ur way
True.. but it was his hunt I can't take control over everything that go's on when we're out others would get very annoyed...
  • Like 1

I can't even work rats with my 2 russells together,god knows what would happen below ground,jealous little monsters.

Thats why folk should know the working temperament of their terriers and work and breed from them accordingly.It will not come as to much of a shock when it becomes evident the amount of folk that own them without the slightest idea.

The old fella may have given you a wry smile and carried on in the knowledge that his knowledge was better than yours.Did his way work?.

The old fella may have given you a wry smile and carried on in the knowledge that his knowledge was better than yours.Did his way work?.
you being smart Morton
  • Like 1