I agree with juke you will lose the fish if the weather gets too cold unless they have enough depth and volume of water to escape the frost. Otherwise they will be fine. If it does get below freezing and you are worried x Bournemouth rhea you could just net them our and bring them out of the frost into a contsiner in the shed temporarily

So put together a little barrel pond for the kids.. get the old goldfish off the kitchen side ! Will they be ok in the cold ?? Any goldfish exsperts on here. I know there hardy fish but got cold last night

going too start a new pond in the new year myself putting in front of the dog kennels 25ft long by 3ft wide and 3 ft deep just set one up there resently for my dad put the lip on me to get back into them its great too chillaxe beside cupa and a smoke gather your thoughts
  • Like 2

So put together a little barrel pond for the kids.. get the old goldfish off the kitchen side ! Will they be ok in the cold ?? Any goldfish exsperts on here. I know there hardy fish but got cold last night

going too start a new pond in the new year myself putting in front of the dog kennels 25ft long by 3ft wide and 3 ft deep just set one up there resently for my dad put the lip on me to get back into them its great too chillaxe beside cupa and a smoke gather your thoughts

That will be some pond mate good luck with it. And yeah defo relaxing chilling back only a barrell but still get the affect

another old trick, is leave a tennis ball in the water, when it starts to get cold enough to freeze over, the ball will leave a hole in the water when frozen, and fish will still be able to get oxygen . it lack of oxygen in the water that kills the fish , we had some nice size fish when i was a lad, we had one big red gold fish who come up from bottom of the pool and take food out of your fingers , my old man loved him lol, they can live quite long while , if you get the pond=water just right :yes:

anybody keep tropical fish and info .? always liked them

Had loads of tropical tanks and still got my koi pond

got any pics of your koi pond

That will be some pond mate good luck with it. And yeah defo relaxing chilling back only a barrell but still get the affect AT THE MOMENT I HAVE A TREE LINE IN FRONT OF KENNELLS BLACK AND NORMAL BAMBOO AND A FEW CHERRY BLOSOMS GOIN TO PUT IN FRONT OF THE TREE LINE BUILD A NICE CANOPY OVER IT , THATS THE PLAN LOOKS GREAT IN MY HEAD C HOW IT LOOKS WHEN ITS DONE