What Shell??

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Luckily there's experts like you on this hunting site willing to help the lad out and give him some guidance ... oh no wait a minuet .......

With a little more insight into what guns you will be taking a more accurate assessment of what ammunition you will need to take with you can be made. It is unlikely you will be reloading and shop

ha ha one thing Il say for you les your a good aul laugh and your right I know nothing about goose shooting(unlike you it seems)but after the 1st 1 or 2 Il have the lead sorted don't you worry about t

you seem like you no nothing about goose shooting .it will be a waist of time you don't no how much lead to give them you don't even no what carts to use .what else don't you no .

Luckily there's experts like you on this hunting site willing to help the lad out and give him some guidance ... oh no wait a minuet .......

• Like 10

you seem like you no nothing about goose shooting .it will be a waist of time you don't no how much lead to give them you don't even no what carts to use .what else don't you no .

ha ha one thing Il say for you les your a good aul laugh and your right I know nothing about goose shooting(unlike you it seems)but after the 1st 1 or 2 Il have the lead sorted don't you worry about that,but thanks for your real good advice and if i happen to have any trouble at least I know your only a message away my aul buddy
  • Like 3

I thought that's what the forum was for - asking questions and exchanging information and tips.

If a question is deemed unworthy by people who apparently were born knowing everything about everything, then it's best they just ignore the thread.

To the OP - Sorry can't help as I don't go goose shooting but I'm sure someone who does and isn't too important to share his knowledge will be along shortly to help. :thumbs:

Well I suppose I will get corrected but sod it, I use 3 inch no 3 's and no 2 's on pinks, and provided I hit it, its down I am no expert but they are wild birds, not park birds, and I do tend to get a few, when I try, half choke in a 26 inch barrel, nothing special, you will be fine inland Scotland, rather than the softer hitting steel cartridges, used in England, ring the guy who's taking you out and ask what he uses, he wil know what range to expect them at,and if they are coming right in you might want no4's

Edited by 3175darren
  • Like 1