Deer control .

Ive been asked to control some roe that are making inroads into a mans profit on a market garden .The land is not the best for a .243 but with care it will be done .Went there this morning with a veiw to shoot some pigeons but he had set up a banger :censored: Anyway saw the farmer and he said that when he was setting it up this morning ,he'd seen a roe sat in the cabbages ,unphased by the comings and goings of himself .When the banger was activated it mearly looked in the direction of the sound ?.These roe are so used to people and dog walkers that its unreal .

Decided to glass the area from the truck to pinpoint it before choosing the best approach and back drop .Uphill was the only safe shot so a long walk around the boundary took me to somewhere handy .The doe was half obscured by cabbages and i wasnt happy so i decided on a deliberate walk to it to get it up on its feet .Got to within 60 yds before it stood up and i whacked it free hand in the chest .First of many i hope .

fishingbowood415sq5.jpg

I will try to get up some pics of the damage as it has to be seen to be believed ?

Edited by foxdropper

nice one fox dropper , its good when a plan works out, its good to get them to work for you for a change, i shot one last week walking up a hedge back with a small gap in it , the doe was walking up the hedge back i waited untill it was just in the gap shouted she put the brakes on and boom christmas dinner in the bag, have a good one rgds dave, ;):drink:

I could beleave the damage as i help my mate up north & he has neep fields that are white thanks to deer chipping them.Not so bad as most are for feed but iv seen over 20 roe in the fields & its a pain to stalk & the roe can be stupid most down was 8 in a go it was fun but hard work.