Collie Grey For Stud

58 minutes ago, shaaark said:

Really like that pup poxon. Said a few weeks back, it's practically identical, and very similarly bred, to a bitch I bought in 1999 ?

Good little mix mate I’m really happy with this pup I’m thinking she’s going to be a real good un she really wants to please me  she’ll do anything I ask her I’ve a really good bond with her. How did yours turn out?

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My best ever work dogs, were of Pedigree Unknown,...and none the worse for it...

If you're not sure, don't

Posted Images

On 13 June 2018 at 17:26, poxon said:

Possibly bill but I’m guessing the out cross won’t be as a mediate I’m guessing it would generations back that would be indistinguishable in the bedlington but we could always say most president day greyhounds are bull xs as they contain bull blood in uk greyhounds if you look far enough back 

Has being a silly man bedlingtons from working stock Carrie other genetic make up of other terriers and da that's be da the best.dont try to compare greyhounds in the same vein that's being blind to the said breed .atb bill

1 hour ago, billhardy said:

Has being a silly man bedlingtons from working stock Carrie other genetic make up of other terriers and da that's be da the best.dont try to compare greyhounds in the same vein that's being blind to the said breed .atb bill

Bill sorry mate I’ve not a clue what your on about your reply is not making much English sence 

• Haha 3
3 hours ago, Black neck said:

I think the point is beddlingtons are made up of mostly poodle and snauzer but there mart be other breeds in there too like collie or bht you just dont know

So you mean like every dog in England there all derived from crossing different types originally to get the different breeds to the standard they was created for

• Like 1
10 hours ago, poxon said:

Good little mix mate I’m really happy with this pup I’m thinking she’s going to be a real good un she really wants to please me  she’ll do anything I ask her I’ve a really good bond with her. How did yours turn out?

Yeah good types them,  cracking temperament, always happy and keen and fairly easy to train. And she was fast and very agile. Very good worker, but not the best, for the 3 seasons I worked her, til she went missing from my garden whilst I was at work, and some 'scrappies' went through where I lived at the time, it was a fairly rural location. Mine had a little less beddy than yours though, but not much. 

Dam was collie/grey x beddy/grey sire was  deer/grey x whippet/grey. 

And yes they were both genuinely bred, as I knew the owners of parents and grandparents, all more than decent dogs ?

• Like 1
On 12/06/2018 at 19:13, Maximus Ferret said:

He does look like there's a bit of bull in there. Is anyone going to say definitely  how he's bred???? Penda, do you know? Leewoody, how about you?

I'm not 100% mate if I'm honest I only know from what the lad was told but people say it's a bullx or a collie x or a saluki x and when you dig deep you find out there's abit of somethin else thrown in to the equation 

• Like 2
9 hours ago, poxon said:

So you mean like every dog in England there all derived from crossing different types originally to get the different breeds to the standard they was created for

Yes thats what i meant 

But that wasnt the bite i was hoping for these bedlington fellas are pretty hard to wind up fair play

• Haha 2
54 minutes ago, Black neck said:

Yes thats what i meant 

But that wasnt the bite i was hoping for these bedlington fellas are pretty hard to wind up fair play

I wouldn't own a pure bedlington if one was given to me!

• Haha 1