Collie Grey For Stud

5 hours ago, poxon said:

I suppose that’s the thing your never going to know for sure with dogs that are passed abouts pedigrees are made up to suit the owner that’s looking for a curtain cross to parm off on to them the question is if the dog was/is as good as made out why pass it on I find it very unlikely to be only collie greyhound in that dogs breeding I like collie xs but if I was looking for a stud this dog wouldn’t be my first point of call based on there’s not enough accuracy in information on the dog Be ok if you just wanted to nock out a litter to peddle on but when you have a good bitch you want to know everything An the dog is worthy of that bitch 

poxton maybe u dont like him because i see your post asking about white lamping dogs ? what i dont get about this site is people have to do see the worst in every situation lives not perfect,even if there was a touch of bull there would be f**k all in the pups as u say you would not use him as theres not enough accuracy in his breeding is a old f***ing lurcher that would be the last thing i would be looking at is if i can trace his breeding back,,as the comment about nocking a quick litter out to peddle relay says enough,,just out of interest i see you bred your collie grey whippet grey bitch a few times can i ask how much you use her 

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My best ever work dogs, were of Pedigree Unknown,...and none the worse for it...

If you're not sure, don't

Posted Images

6 hours ago, poxon said:

I suppose that’s the thing your never going to know for sure with dogs that are passed abouts pedigrees are made up to suit the owner that’s looking for a curtain cross to parm off on to them the question is if the dog was/is as good as made out why pass it on I find it very unlikely to be only collie greyhound in that dogs breeding I like collie xs but if I was looking for a stud this dog wouldn’t be my first point of call based on there’s not enough accuracy in information on the dog Be ok if you just wanted to nock out a litter to peddle on but when you have a good bitch you want to know everything An the dog is worthy of that bitch 

Surely if the dog is doing Every thing expected of it, it is worthy to line a bitch. 

Not all about the dog though the bitch has to be just as capable.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, dogmad riley said:

Surely if the dog is doing Every thing expected of it, it is worthy to line a bitch. 

Not all about the dog though the bitch has to be just as capable.

sounds the kind of guy that would prefer to be able to tell people exactly how his dogs are bred rather than what they do

in the real world some dogs do get brought and sold(in this dogs case given away) just because the dogs been sold doesn't mean it cant do its job and it has to be slated 

• Like 1

if i wanted to be quick to judge poxon i could say u do dont anything with your dogs theres 2 pics of her ( the one u bred two litter from)up both in season time and in my eyes looks like she had been left on the sofa all season is that fair for me to say? no its not because i dont know you or the dog

51 minutes ago, LurcherLad94 said:

poxton maybe u dont like him because i see your post asking about white lamping dogs ? what i dont get about this site is people have to do see the worst in every situation lives not perfect,even if there was a touch of bull there would be f**k all in the pups as u say you would not use him as theres not enough accuracy in his breeding is a old f***ing lurcher that would be the last thing i would be looking at is if i can trace his breeding back,,as the comment about nocking a quick litter out to peddle relay says enough,,just out of interest i see you bred your collie grey whippet grey bitch a few times can i ask how much you use her 

I’ve not said I don’t like him but I have gave you a opinion of my own that you don’t like because you ain’t got a clue how old or how the dogs bred that it wouldn’t be for me have I pointed out the one bollock or that the dog is cow hocked...no I’ve not slated your dog old girl ?like I’ve said I like to know how my dogs are bred not that I’m looking to breed but I’d definitely avoid your stud if I was looking for a collie x.my bitch add 6 seasons under her belt on edible game before I bred her I’ve had her from a pup she’s a line bred bitch so yes I like to know what’s in there but to be honest she was pretty shit on shot fox she couldn’t get the job done quickly but she was day an night an done me very well she was bred to a real good bedlington greyhound of 10yrs old that had worked all his life till he was retired fully the season after I used him yes I done 2 litters my first pup I kept died of leptospirosis so I done a repeat mating to get my pup I would of been a thick c**t not to I kept the white one apparently white dogs make shit lamp dogs so I’m told ? your I titled to your opinion but it accounts for the same as my ....feck all 

• Haha 1
6 minutes ago, poxon said:

I’ve not said I don’t like him but I have gave you a opinion of my own that you don’t like because you ain’t got a clue how old or how the dogs bred that it wouldn’t be for me have I pointed out the one bollock or that the dog is cow hocked...no I’ve not slated your dog old girl ?like I’ve said I like to know how my dogs are bred not that I’m looking to breed but I’d definitely avoid your stud if I was looking for a collie x.my bitch add 6 seasons under her belt on edible game before I bred her I’ve had her from a pup she’s a line bred bitch so yes I like to know what’s in there but to be honest she was pretty shit on shot fox she couldn’t get the job done quickly but she was day an night an done me very well she was bred to a real good bedlington greyhound of 10yrs old that had worked all his life till he was retired fully the season after I used him yes I done 2 litters my first pup I kept died of leptospirosis so I done a repeat mating to get my pup I would of been a thick c**t not to I kept the white one apparently white dogs make shit lamp dogs so I’m told ? your I titled to your opinion but it accounts for the same as my ....feck all 

yh thats fair enough but i was saying you was quick to judge and speculate basically saying why the dog been passed on and thats it baseicaly done something wrong  and i was not on about it doing fox i ment the fact it was in no shape a fit running dog would be in and the end of the season if it had seen plenty of graft  but like i said im not quick to judge as the bitch could of been injured or like u say ovs a old bitch,

2 minutes ago, LurcherLad94 said:

yh thats fair enough but i was saying you was quick to judge and speculate basically saying why the dog been passed on and thats it baseicaly done something wrong  and i was not on about it doing fox i ment the fact it was in no shape a fit running dog would be in and the end of the season if it had seen plenty of graft  but like i said im not quick to judge as the bitch could of been injured or like u say ovs a old bitch,

I suppose it’s how you read it or how easy offended you get but like I’ve said it’s only a opinion of some one sat behind a keyboard. The bitch Has L7 vertebrae damage she’s earned her retirement what photo you on about ?

?

yh suppose im easily wound up haha

and this one its jan and the bitch looks soft and fat in my opinon but understandable if dogs nackerd 

its only a pic anyway i was just trying to be a c**t because thought you were trying to have a pop ?

its a tidy pup btw

poxy.jpeg

• Like 1
Just now, LurcherLad94 said:

?

yh suppose im easily wound up haha

and this one its jan and the bitch looks soft and fat in my opinon but understandable if dogs nackerd 

its only a pic anyway i was just trying to be a c**t because thought you were trying to have a pop ?

its a tidy pup btw

poxy.jpeg

That bitch is damaged there yeah proper flat November she done her self in she lost  sensitivey on her left hind leg I think this picture I’d just got a fresh pair of Adidas to do some street walking lol ? I had the option keep her as pet on a lead or put her down I chosen to keep her as I’m no Lurcher world c**t 

• Like 3
On 13 June 2018 at 15:41, poxon said:

And fa that belling ton greyhound there would in all probability be more than just beddie in the beddie swings round a outs purity in the working dog world his like in any other a quick way to the end.atb bill

It is difficult to assess a working dog, simply by glancing at a photograph...indeed, there was once a fashion for having 'on-line' dog shows, whereby folks were encouraged to post images of their jukels and these pictures would then be Judged, by some well -known guy,.and the coveted Red rosette, awarded accordingly..?

Having been privileged to handle various types of running dog composites over the years, I have found that nothing beats getting hands-on,..and obviously, the cream on the pudding would always be, to walk out into the hunting field and let your eyes provide the truthful answers.? 

In many cases, this is just not possible, so,... its back to the photos.

However, unless the cameraman has some semblance of talent,.a lot of good honest working dogs, don't always do themselves justice, when in front of the lens.?

• Like 5
48 minutes ago, billhardy said:

And fa that belling ton greyhound there would in all probability be more than just beddie in the beddie swings round a outs purity in the working dog world his like in any other a quick way to the end.atb bill

Possibly bill but I’m guessing the out cross won’t be as a mediate I’m guessing it would generations back that would be indistinguishable in the bedlington but we could always say most president day greyhounds are bull xs as they contain bull blood in uk greyhounds if you look far enough back 

If your only breeding for yourself and mates then I wouldn't get to hung up on peds..... You got a damn good bitch, mate got a damn good dog.... You put your best to the best and take your chances..... If your paying money for it... Then I think its only fair that the breeder is as honest as they can be with you ?I think that those who write down every detail of sires, dams, whelps, and can show you some sort of proof, be it written, old photos, have older siblings there...... Are the folks you should deal with?you can tell if someone lives and breathes working dogs.....if they want to charge for their dogs then I've no problem,sometimes less shit than being gifted one with a load of restrictions that come with it?if its some chancer looking to cash in then they will normally slip up?make your excuses and leave?

• Like 4
5 hours ago, poxon said:

That bitch is damaged there yeah proper flat November she done her self in she lost  sensitivey on her left hind leg I think this picture I’d just got a fresh pair of Adidas to do some street walking lol ? I had the option keep her as pet on a lead or put her down I chosen to keep her as I’m no Lurcher world c**t 

Really like that pup poxon. Said a few weeks back, it's practically identical, and very similarly bred, to a bitch I bought in 1999 ?