My Tx200 Journey

glad you've got there Jon :thumbs::thumbs:

I think the tx's are nice looking bit of kit and in walnut... stunning!

if it wasn't for that bloody bear trap :censored:

if I was given a pcp or spring choice it would be springer all day long :yes:

atb si

Cheers Si :thumbs:

I do like them mate - like you said on another post, I think this just fits.

I actually don't mind that bear trap - with a piston extension fitted, it only goes as far as 1 click.

I wouldn't ever want to be without a springer but, most of my hunting is done at night. For that, I haven't found anything that works better for me than the HW100 and NS Viper.

...... But, if I could find an NV set up that was guaranteed to not self destruct on a springer :hmm:

my mates on about putting his photon on his ps for ratting :thumbs:

he's a 100 kid to the core but loves his ps!

I'd be interested to know how he gets on mate :thumbs:

... I'd love to be able to have NV on this TX.

glad you've got there Jon :thumbs::thumbs:

I think the tx's are nice looking bit of kit and in walnut... stunning!

if it wasn't for that bloody bear trap :censored:

if I was given a pcp or spring choice it would be springer all day long :yes:

atb si

Cheers Si :thumbs:

I do like them mate - like you said on another post, I think this just fits.

I actually don't mind that bear trap - with a piston extension fitted, it only goes as far as 1 click.

I wouldn't ever want to be without a springer but, most of my hunting is done at night. For that, I haven't found anything that works better for me than the HW100 and NS Viper.

...... But, if I could find an NV set up that was guaranteed to not self destruct on a springer :hmm:

my mates on about putting his photon on his ps for ratting :thumbs:

he's a 100 kid to the core but loves his ps!

I'd be interested to know how he gets on mate :thumbs:

... I'd love to be able to have NV on this TX.

ill put something up when he dose :thumbs:

we were gonna have a bash tonight but his mrs is away so he's in with the kids!

• Like 1

A .177 TX200HC has to be one of the THE most accurate spring air rifles I've ever shot with. I had two Mk. IIIs quite some years back now;, including one on my FAC and they were both incredible. I love the current stock with its sweetly curved forend.

But now, I'm a dedicated Pro Sport man and for my money, deservedly the flag ship of the Air Arms spring gun range. Charlie Caller here worked on mine and he said how easy to strip and tune/fettle, and well made ir Arms guns are

SO a second hand one as a tuning and improving project might make an excellent winter project noe the nights are longer and colder?

Makes me wish I had the know-how and tools to take one to bits and strip it out with new internal kit. It must be very rewarding to bring an old rifle back to top performance. :hmm::thumbs:

I reckon you could do a nice job on one very easily Simon :yes:

There's no special tools needed to take one apart - the TX, just take the action out of the sock, hold it by the barrel, put the trigger housing on a towel on a firm surface and push down, then unscrew the retaining bolt (may need an adjustable spanner first time). Then the whole thing just comes apart.

.... the only fiddly bit is the circlip for the pin on the cocking lever.

A drop-in kit is exactly as it sounds - it literally just drops in - no tools needed, it can all be done by hand :thumbs:

Dismantling the ProSport, from memory, was a little different but, just as simple.

Give it a go mate :thumbs:

One of the nicest springers I ever fired was when I first had a go at tuning my .22 TX.

...... The shot cycle was very quick and, the pellet slammed into my backstop.

I'd cocked up and it was running at around 16ftlb. 5 minutes later, I'd had it apart again - oops :whistling::laugh:

Cheers Jon. I'm thinking of looking for a nice, good condition second-hand Pro Sport .177 I can set about and learn from stripping it down and putting a drop in kit to smooth it up. Tim/Charlie Caller did ever so lovely a job on my new .22 Pro Sport and I learned a good deal from sitting with him alongside while he did the work and put a Tinbum kit into it. He told me a lot to be aware of, like the screw that pins the cocking link back into place. Apparently, this screw's position into the hole has to be precisely located or, it's very easy to get wrong and strip the threads if you don't get it back in right.

Like you said above, it came apart easilly and quickly. I was pleased to see how much care and attention went into making this rifle from the point of view of manufacture.

All the best for your shooting Jon. Cheers.

Simon

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Yes I was the same Simon, watching Tim as he did my TX to perfection but as soon as I got back in the car with my reworked TX, everything he told me had gone. I just don't take on board that sort of info, I wish I could but I don't.

Lovely guns but just too heavy for me, still fancy a 'Tim tuned' HW57 ...................................................... perhaps one day.

Phil

A .177 TX200HC has to be one of the THE most accurate spring air rifles I've ever shot with. I had two Mk. IIIs quite some years back now;, including one on my FAC and they were both incredible. I love the current stock with its sweetly curved forend.

But now, I'm a dedicated Pro Sport man and for my money, deservedly the flag ship of the Air Arms spring gun range. Charlie Caller here worked on mine and he said how easy to strip and tune/fettle, and well made ir Arms guns are

SO a second hand one as a tuning and improving project might make an excellent winter project noe the nights are longer and colder?

Makes me wish I had the know-how and tools to take one to bits and strip it out with new internal kit. It must be very rewarding to bring an old rifle back to top performance. :hmm::thumbs:

I reckon you could do a nice job on one very easily Simon :yes:

There's no special tools needed to take one apart - the TX, just take the action out of the sock, hold it by the barrel, put the trigger housing on a towel on a firm surface and push down, then unscrew the retaining bolt (may need an adjustable spanner first time). Then the whole thing just comes apart.

.... the only fiddly bit is the circlip for the pin on the cocking lever.

A drop-in kit is exactly as it sounds - it literally just drops in - no tools needed, it can all be done by hand :thumbs:

Dismantling the ProSport, from memory, was a little different but, just as simple.

Give it a go mate :thumbs:

One of the nicest springers I ever fired was when I first had a go at tuning my .22 TX.

...... The shot cycle was very quick and, the pellet slammed into my backstop.

I'd cocked up and it was running at around 16ftlb. 5 minutes later, I'd had it apart again - oops :whistling::laugh:

Cheers Jon. I'm thinking of looking for a nice, good condition second-hand Pro Sport .177 I can set about and learn from stripping it down and putting a drop in kit to smooth it up. Tim/Charlie Caller did ever so lovely a job on my new .22 Pro Sport and I learned a good deal from sitting with him alongside while he did the work and put a Tinbum kit into it. He told me a lot to be aware of, like the screw that pins the cocking link back into place. Apparently, this screw's position into the hole has to be precisely located or, it's very easy to get wrong and strip the threads if you don't get it back in right.

Like you said above, it came apart easilly and quickly. I was pleased to see how much care and attention went into making this rifle from the point of view of manufacture.

All the best for your shooting Jon. Cheers.

Simon

How are you getting on with the Prosport Simon?

Tiimmmmmmmmmmmeeeehhhhhhhhh. Your still around :D

Timmytree asked "How are you getting on with the Pro Sport Simon?"

Getting on fantastic with the Pro Sport Timmy. Thanks mate, I love it to death and bits. Charlie caller here installed a Tinbum kit and fettled and polished her internals to perfection. She cocks smooth and sweet and not a bit of twang but a good sharp reportive crack at the muzzle.

My HW77 .22 rifle's accuracy is legendary but the Pro Sport I have is every bit as accurate.

One of the greatest air rifles ever built as far as I'm concerned. :thumbs:

Timmytree asked "How are you getting on with the Pro Sport Simon?"

Getting on fantastic with the Pro Sport Timmy. Thanks mate, I love it to death and bits. Charlie caller here installed a Tinbum kit and fettled and polished her internals to perfection. She cocks smooth and sweet and not a bit of twang but a good sharp reportive crack at the muzzle.

My HW77 .22 rifle's accuracy is legendary but the Pro Sport I have is every bit as accurate.

One of the greatest air rifles ever built as far as I'm concerned. :thumbs:

So had to take all your rifles... but allow you to keep just my one...

Which would it be?

I think I know.