.177 Air Gun

What does - Mark does bostin with his .177 mean ?

I do speak and read English but what does that mean ?

atb

Means your a shit shoot with .177 :laugh::thumbs:

Well that`s alright then, twat :feck:

What does - Mark does bostin with his .177 mean ?

I do speak and read English but what does that mean ?

atb

Means your a shit shoot with .177 :laugh::thumbs:

I WAS GOING TO SAY THAT :laugh::tongue2:

SO REZ,S MOST HATED QUESTION REMAINS

WHICH IS BETTER 177 OR 22

SORRY REZ JUST HAD TO ASK IT

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

:tongue2: :tongue2: :tongue2:

ATVBJIMMY :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Well, 177 is twat :feck:

:boogy:

• Like 2

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think there's a good dose of truth in that !   A newbie came to my club this morning, and drew some sideways glands with an old iron sighted Hatsan his friend had given him.   Expressions change

I have both .22 and .177 in my armoury and I love them....But I prefer to hunt rabbits and squirrels with my .22 rifles.   This is NOT TO KICK OFF THE OLD CALIBER DEBATE!!!   .22 is what I'm much

Yep Tim, ( Charlie), .177 is the calibre at sub 12 by a country mile, ( for me also).   Iron sights ? Mac and VM cut their teeth on iron sights have you seen the state of their shoo

Posted Images

.177 is not nicer to shoot if you use spring powereds, .177 needs more air to get the lighter pellets up to 12 ft lb, this means in most actions they can be very hold sensitive and jumpy.

In PCP form the .177 makes for an easier to shoot gun. Not having any recoil means it is easier to aim, has a flatter shot curve, meaning a longer point blank zero and it is easier to thread through branches when roost shooting!

The heavy weight pellets available (anything over 10 grain) gives it good stopping power at point of impact too. My BBR Super 10 is a .177!

• Like 1

I do like .22 for rat shooting with NV and, walking about in the woods but, most shots are well under 35yrds.

..... it does give a rather satisfying whack when it hits.

But, if I had to choose just one, it'd be .177 :yes:

It's more forgiving to shoot at longer ranges and, as Mole says, with a heavy pellet, I find it to be an excellent hunting calibre.

Good luck with your choice :thumbs:

• Like 1

I have both .22 and .177 in my armoury and I love them....But I prefer to hunt rabbits and squirrels with my .22 rifles.

This is NOT TO KICK OFF THE OLD CALIBER DEBATE!!!

.22 is what I'm much more used to, after more years of air rifle shooting than I want to be reminded of, and I have a thorough understanding of my rifles trajectories in .22 to enable me to confidently take long range as well as short to medium range shots. Basically 10 yards/metres out to 60 at a push. And .22 gives more of a knock down punch. Well, I think it does.

But I've brought off some cracking shots and made some great memories with my .177 Daystate Regal and .177 Weihrauch HW97K.

My HW97s' blisteringly accurate with 4.50mm H&N FTTs. I once took a 60 yard shot on a resting woodpigeon, sitting on a thin-ish branch and the pellet cut the branch it was resting on in half, right under its feet and sent it falling off! Must've given it the shock surprise of its life as it flew back up and off into the woods! That rifles' nailed hundreds of rabbits and it's won a few HFT Springer competitions into the bargain. Airgun journalist Mark Commocio shot with it at the local club and offered me my name-your-price to sell it. Nope. Not for sale!

Now my Air Arms Pro Sport .22 is my first rifle of choice. Everything I've ever learned and known in springer shooting is coming together in this one rifle. It's absolutely amazing how good this rifle is.

I actually envy all you right-handed shooters who can own this beautiful rifle outright, without having to reshape and alter the grip and butt-stock to comfortably fit my left hand and shoulder.

There is no debate for me on calibre. I have both and I love shooting with both!

• Like 3

Calibre aside ,The mark of a true air gunner is IRON SIGHTS ...I rest my case ..Teles are for liberals :)

I think there's a good dose of truth in that !

A newbie came to my club this morning, and drew some sideways glands with an old iron sighted Hatsan his friend had given him.

Expressions changed when he proceeded to knock down targets at 50 yards, shot after shot !

So, the best calibre or rifle is clearly the one that works for you !

• Like 4

Calibre aside ,The mark of a true air gunner is IRON SIGHTS ...I rest my case ..Teles are for liberals :)

Naaah, a good stout bow, deer sinew for the bow string and proper flint arrow heads :good:

" That`s the mark of a true hunter"

I ask you ? " Iron sights" :bad:

:laugh::tongue2:

• Like 2

.177 it is then, you know it makes sense :yes:

Yep Tim, ( Charlie), .177 is the calibre at sub 12 by a country mile, ( for me also).

Iron sights ? Mac and VM cut their teeth on iron sights :icon_eek: have you seen the state of their shooting ? :laugh:

" Only saying like"

• Like 2

.177 it is then, you know it makes sense :yes:

Yep Tim, ( Charlie), .177 is the calibre at sub 12 by a country mile, ( for me also).

Iron sights ? Mac and VM cut their teeth on iron sights :icon_eek: have you seen the state of their shooting ? :laugh:

" Only saying like"

:laugh::laugh: twat :thumbs:

• Like 1