International Money Order

Whatever that is. Never heard of one. Nor has my bank, or the post office.

I picked up a speeding ticket in America last week. They don't give you a ticket, they give you a summons and a court date on the spot with a number to phone.

I phoned it on my return as I didn't fancy having a warrant out for not appearing at court even if it was unlikely.

"I'd like to pay my fine. Do you want my card number?

"Is is a U.S credit card?"

"No"

"Then no we don't take those."

"Debit card?"

"No."

"Cash?"

"No."

"Bank transfer?"

"No."

"Cheque from a U.S bank account?"

"Is it a certified cheque?

"No, a personal one."

"No Sir."

"You need to pay with an International money order in U.S dollars".

Could they make it any harder?

You can use payoneer or money gram can't you ???

I doubt it as that would mean them going to collect the money from somewhere. I was going to get someone over there to send the court a cheque direct, but they HAVE to have the original paperwork signed by me. Now they are sending me the cheque, so I can add the paperwork and send it all the way back again. Would have been easier not to pay, but those immigration guys do like to check things.

This is 2017.

The trouble with not paying is it could come up on your ESTA application next time you renew. If you don't intend to go back that's a different ballgame.

Doubtful, as the car hire company will have already paid the ticket (it's registered to them) and will have billed his credit card.

Best bet is to contact them and see if they can do it on your behalf. :thumbs:

Gotcha! :thumbs:

Western Union for money transfers or you can bank to bank but that will require going in and chatting to the local branch. You used to need the IBAN number of the bank you were transferring to but the rules have changed. Your local bank will know.

It's all sorted now mate. It's not like toll charges as they want to endorse your licence if you have a U.S one as well as fleece you of your money.

Are you home now ? If so f**k them

Yeah home now. i know they won't chase me here for it especially as he wrote my address down wrong, but he did take the details off my passport and could do without the rubber glove treatment when I go back.

Transferring to their account? That'd be too easy wouldn't it?

Someone is sending me a cheque now to cover it as I have to put the paperwork in with it and sign the back myself. I guess that's in case I was sneakily trying to pay someone else's fine.