Nosey Pricks

Easy to see these vids of shepherds flying through the air and smashing sleeves and expect a dog to that in a real situation. Theres not many that will bite someone whos not wearing equipment.

Big difference between an equipment focused sport dog and a proper "civil" protection dog though...

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That's a good point actually Robert, fitness plays just as big a part as training and natural heart and a lot of folk neglect that aspect when it comes to guard dogs   As for the bullmastiff like s

Get there cctv pics up here someone might know the c**ts

The last visit i had was a few years ago and they climbed up on the wall when i was out and no mask or any form of covering on their faces,they dont give 2 fucks who sees them,as for finding the head

Posted Images

Easy to see these vids of shepherds flying through the air and smashing sleeves and expect a dog to that in a real situation. Theres not many that will bite someone whos not wearing equipment.

Big difference between an equipment focused sport dog and a proper "civil" protection dog though...
And a big difference between a yard dog and a protection dog. But what im saying is takes a good dog to bite without equipment in the equation i dont mean in a ring i mean everyday occurrences.

Obviously it takes a good dog to actually properly engage a real threat but I'd say being too equipment focused is more a problem with the training than the dog itself.

What are you talking about ? What im saying is for a dog to bite when not bieng presented a target is harder than you think.your calling a dog half hearted have you ever seen a live bite and im not talking about off a screen.

Obviously it takes a good dog to actually properly engage a real threat but I'd say being too equipment focused is more a problem with the training than the dog itself.

What are you talking about ? What im saying is for a dog to bite when not bieng presented a target is harder than you think.your calling a dog half hearted have you ever seen a live bite and im not talking about off a screen.

You don't think that was a half hearted display? Well ok then, we've obviously got different standards.

Yes I have. On more than one occasion.

To judge a dog from a 3 minute video on youtube is silly if youve done what you say with dogs jever mind all the other bullshit

Why did you edit out the majority of this post?

If you'd be happy with your dog grabbing clothes and losing it's hold whenever the target struggles then ok, as I say we've obviously got different standards.

To judge a dog from a 3 minute video on youtube is silly if youve done what you say with dogs jever mind all the other bullshit

If you'd be happy with your dog grabbing clothes and losing it's hold whenever the target struggles then ok, as I say we've obviously got different standards.

Because its just waffling i didnt say i rated it i said thats what mainly happens true or false ? Doesnt make it a good dog if the dogs doing the job right it shouldnt need to bite unless you come accross that one in ten thousand situation. If yiuve done as much as you say to judge a dog off that video is abit silly true or false ? Dont throw down any silly lingo so people think you must know what your talking about just answer what i said.

Because its just waffling i didnt say i rated it i said thats what mainly happens true or false ? Doesnt make it a good dog if the dogs doing the job right it shouldnt need to bite unless you come accross that one in ten thousand situation. If yiuve done as much as you say to judge a dog off that video is abit silly true or false ? Dont throw down any silly lingo so people think you must know what your talking about just answer what i said.

I didn't make any comment on the dog itself I said the attack was a half hearted which it was. True or false? Sure maybe the dog was having an off day but that display in the video was not impressive and I wouldn't be happy with it from my own dogs.

If you'd be happy with that from your own dog then great but I wouldn't be. Like I said, different standards.

Edited by BGD

Bgd you dont know your arsehole from your elbow your a youtube dog man you keep talking of standards its nothing to do with that its you talking about aomething you have no clue about go and do abit of huntin so we can see what you get upto and why you visit this forum or put up a video of one of your dogs on a hidden sleeve so we can see your standard.

I bet you do niether ??

Bgd you dont know your arsehole from your elbow your a youtube dog man you keep talking of standards its nothing to do with that its you talking about aomething you have no clue about go and do abit of huntin so we can see what you get upto and why you visit this forum or put up a video of one of your dogs on a hidden sleeve so we can see your standard.

I bet you do niether ??

Was it your dogs in the video or something? You seem to have taken it very personally :laugh: :laugh:

Like I said if you're happy with your dog pulling on clothes and backing off whenever the target struggles great I'm happy for you, I just expect more from my dogs :thumbs:

cracker that BGD , he deff looked like the old type bullmastiff , it was one of the reasons i came out of bullmastiffs , with poor health , temp, etc this was back in the early 80s , so god knows the state of the breed to day . my mate with the Boerboel reckons that the Boerboel his more healthy than any bullmastiff to day. Ok they might be compared to bullmastiff , but any dog that weighs in from 10st - 14 st deff going to get hip =HD and elbow probs , if labs , gsd , rotties , breeds alot smaller get it bad , them big buggers will deff have the same probs . i never thought about bandogs , yeh bred to work and not for looks and being hybrid anyway , and fit healthy 8st dog like BGD would deff fit the bill , suppose the prob today is getting a well bred bandog , and who breeding quality dogs, not these dogs lot of the pakis seem to like and keep today, there lot of rubbish out there

There;s a bullmastiff in the woods were I walk my dog, must be about 5/6 years old, walks around like an old dog. It must be about 30" tall and it has hocks that are about the same size as my staff cross's and she comes up to my knees. I was talking to a douge de Bordeaux breeder, telling him how my mates douge died at 7 and he said that was a good age - bloody hell!

I think the only future for these big guarding breeds lies in crosses ie bandogs, it's the only type i'd get. There's a fella I see near me with a mastiff x presa, lovelly dog, fit agile, no slobber, great guard, would put any kc mastiff too shame. This dog is about 5 yrs and the difference to that bullmastiff I mentioned is like night and day!

• Like 1

I bet you do niether ??

Was it your dogs in the video or something? You seem to have taken it very personally :laugh: :laugh:

Like I said if you're happy with your dog pulling on clothes and backing off whenever the target struggles great I'm happy for you, I just expect more from my dogs :thumbs:

thought that would be the sort of reply id get off of you.

talks cheap.

• Like 2