Jarvis

The Midland Game Fair

Anyone off to the Midland this year? I'm thinking of having a look round on Sunday, looks like the weather is going to be good as well.

Was supposed to be going on the Saturday but doubled booked :doh: Going the St Leger at Doncaster

Might call in on way home on the Sunday depending how I feel :drink::drink:

Gona give it a miss this year... bit disappointed last year, overpriced and a bit of a car boot sale really.

I think they are all the same really hence why I normally just go to the Midland now. I think it's more of a working mans show than 'The Game Fair' and others with terriers and lurchers rather than hot tubs and summer houses, providing you can dodge the gypos!

Crap

Haha! Me and my old man came to the conclusion whilst driving home that going every year is not necessary! You know you've been too many times when you don't need the site map and unless you want a Realtree jacket (which I think 90% of stands were selling) perhaps going every 3 years is enough...

Them game fairs haven't been the same in a long time all made for the toffs in my eyes or wanna bes I used to love the old days when the terrier and lurcher sections were in the centre you could have the crack there it's a shame but that's the way it is these days

• Like 1

Definately it will open your eyes, theres nothing in Ireland that comes close to this one. Leeview

• Like 1

I would love to go to this one, was told it was big, and yes Leeview theres nothing in Ireland that would even come close to it from what am told

Yours in sport Tootsy356

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Bosun11
      The Merseyside Working Terrier & Lurcher Club will be running the lurcher & working terrier show at Peover Hall Sunday 5th August.
      Classes for working terriers, lurchers, whippets and bushing dogs (crossbreds)
      Judging starts 1pm
    • By Matthew pearson
      Fun stalking event . It will be about shot placement, knowing your rifle ballistics and bullet drop and using guidelines of law and permissions when out stalking.

Great for the novice and challenging for the more experienced.

Using sticks fence posts car Bonnet , bipod and free standing. You will be asked to range find and hit kill zone that will be a bit smaller than the general kill zone of a deer .

It will also have a few thing to throw you and make you think of laws and
      Permissions .

Will finish with paper at 300  just for fun and not to encourage 300 yard shots on deer

Deer target
      Gongs , eggs
      And more ...

Your need a Range finder . Open license. And a zeroed stalking moderated rifle 
      60 rounds of hunting amo
      License and insurance 

Fly high Shooting ground Dartmouth 
      24th June 
      Fees £35.00
      Burgers tea/coffee available 
      Book with Sue 07855 404506 to confirm and for payment details 

Many thanks 
      Matt 

😀
    • By spade
      From 12.00 noon this Sunday 03rd June, to include full terrier and lurcher shows. Come to see this fantastic pack of hounds in their kennels (and out) in the beautiful grounds of Belvoir Castle.
    • By Rat face
      Well it's show time again folks come down and show your support for your local working terrier club. 
      The show will have all the usual classes for the terriers and lurchers raffles and trade stands food and drink. 
      The show will be held at our new home  of
      Littleborough sports club                            Hollingworth lake                                     littleborough                                        Lancashire                                           OL15 0AP  
      June 3rd judging to start at 1pm
      Hope to see you all there. 
    • By wooly
      Oakley Hunt Terrier, Lurcher & Family Dog Show
      Sunday 20th May 2018 1pm

The Kennels, Knotting Rd, Melchbourne,
      Bedfordshire, MK44 1BN

Kennels Open Day, Terrier Racing
      Trade Stands, Demonstrations,
      Bar and Food
      Qualifiers for:
      NL & RC Show Championship & Junior Handler Championship.

The Countrymans Weekly Champion of Champions Show

For further details or to book a free Trade Stand Tel: 07740485432
      ohsc.terrierandlurcher@gmail.com