Whippet Pup

Looks like it can run already, how old is the pup Somewhereyournot. I've just got a fist x Beddy/Whippet 9 week old now can't wait to get him out for his first walks..,,wishing his life away haha

she's just gone 10 weeks old mate and she is like lightening compared to lurcher pups at same age. She's all for me like my shadow the misses hates it ?

Ye will be worked a little bit..

She's from a bitch 20 inch and a dog 22.5tts.

Bitcg is rabbiting bitch and seen faster ones too. The dog is supposed to have done quite alot especially for a whippet but he defo a strong type. The pic does make her look abit thin.. Duno if it was lighting and her sniffing or what.

Cheers for the comments.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Picked up a whippet bitch last week. Mainly a pet for her indoors but hopefully get her out next season too. Lovely nature and real people's dog these whippets.

Thought I'd update the whippet. She's a year old today

Put some tidy grub into it.... Pups should never be that thin pal, atb dc

Posted Images

That's a nice looking pup but I'd agree it's a touch on the lean side for it's age, I assume it's a very active young thing? I'd try increasing the fat content of it's feed see if that helps. Just mix a couple of lumps of dripping through it's usual feed during the day :thumbs:

That orijen grub is 38 per cent protein and 20 per cent fat and it's 85 /15ratio food. Basically raw in a bag with veg. 5 meals a day, not overly active really. She has of tail through the day aswell as some Turkey wing... She eats enough really and won't eat any more lol I wormed her just the other day. Not alot you can do is it when there on best biscuit available and added raw lol

• Like 1

Just saying if I had a pup that was that lean I'd be adding some fat to it's feed regardless of the quality of biscuit, of course that's only going by a picture you're the one seeing her every day and if you're happy with her condition etc than crack on as you are :thumbs:

It's not a complete and I don't feed pasta when dogs need fat n protein as energy source. I thought she was fine until few comments about the picture so checked up weights on whippets as pups n weighed her and she's bang on weight for age, if not abit heavier than others. Don't mean to sound rude boys but I never asked advice on feeding. Iv done just fine for years and all my dogs have been big healthy n strong lol appreciate the thought though ?

• Like 5

It's not a complete and I don't feed pasta when dogs need fat n protein as energy source. I thought she was fine until few comments about the picture so checked up weights on whippets as pups n weighed her and she's bang on weight for age, if not abit heavier than others. Don't mean to sound rude boys but I never asked advice on feeding. Iv done just fine for years and all my dogs have been big healthy n strong lol appreciate the thought though ?

Don't worry yourself about it mate everyone's judgemental and has opinions right or wrong, were human and we are c**ts hahaha

Right, the guy has clearly said he's fed as much as the puppy will take. He's wormed it he's done what we all would do. It is what it is. Looks racey now and will look racey when it's older. Ffs!

you on the blob my love? opinions are like arse holes lol. Atb dc
  • Like 1

Right, the guy has clearly said he's fed as much as the puppy will take. He's wormed it he's done what we all would do. It is what it is. Looks racey now and will look racey when it's older. Ffs!

you on the blob my love? opinions are like arse holes lol. Atb dc

Yea you could say that hahaha all this talk of food has made me hungry and a little bit sharp.