First Ferret Of The Season

post-4256-0-76844600-1505203524_thumb.jpgI trapped a ten hole set yesterday ,it was at the side of a train line just behind a rabbit fence , i have watched rabbits run into this place for the last few weeks and now i thought they were big enough.All i had was this old fellah , fat as butter and covered in ticks ,, i will give it a week or so then give it another go

• Like 3

That's cause he is dead. Ya can't get more dead than dead! Lol

Well micky, was it in the Juby? Going in or coming out?

Coming out, in a JUBY, The Ferret had cleared the bank of rabbits and there will be nothing there for a week then i will get another crack at them , i have had this a few times , you know that there is rabbits in the area but you cannot catch them , then a ferret or a stoat turns up in a trap and all becomes clear .

• Like 3

Bit of bad luck for the ferret,sounds like its been wild for a while.Never heard of wild ferrets here,foxes,eagles take them out quick.

I seem to catch 2/3 every year i have never heard of a fox taking one and we are a long way from any Eagles , traffic accounts for the odd one and some get picked up , some people get into trouble and do not know how to get out of it and just abandon them i even caught one in a snare once

• Like 1

Had them killed by foxes and feral cats in warrens but never lost one in 40 years and we don't use locators due to the tough ground here.People are just slackers.

If you hunt for profit, it is imperative that you do not leave too many ferrets behind enemy lines... :whistling:

The locator is a must have item,.. :yes:

Edited by Phil Lloyd
  • Like 1

Had them killed by foxes and feral cats in warrens but never lost one in 40 years and we don't use locators due to the tough ground here.People are just slackers.

If you hunt for profit, it is imperative that you do not leave too many ferrets behind enemy lines... :whistling:

The problem here Phil, is the ground in alot of places is in undigable so if you were to lose a ferret whether snake bite, stuck or whatever you would lose the locater as well :wallbash:

The problem here Phil, is the ground in alot of places is in undigable so if you were to lose a ferret whether snake bite, stuck or whatever you would lose the locater as well :wallbash:

If the Rabbits can dig it then so can you.

• Like 1