Striker Variable ?

Guest vin

Anyone got a Lightforce Striker variable that you may want to sell? or failing that a basic striker.?

My lamp won't last another season..the reflector where the bulb is housed has fallen off too many times now and I've glued it that many times etc and recently spent ages fashioning a new one out of tin etc..but the beam is now useless...its time to replace it with a working one.

I already have The LED equivalent ..but still, prefer the halogen glow.

If you've switched to LED and want to sell your old halogen striker, Drop me a PM please.

post-11815-0-34429400-1505167628_thumb.jpg

fook me mate you have had use out of that. i know youfr not super keen on the led. when i come up i will show you one ive knocked together out of 2 lamps. i took to one of those small aliminium lamps with a grinder cut the led out of it and put it in a 150 head, ive certainly got a little bit more range but its still not my lamp of preference.

Anyone got a Lightforce Striker variable that you may want to sell? or failing that a basic striker.?

My lamp won't last another season..the reflector where the bulb is housed has fallen off too many times now and I've glued it that many times etc and recently spent ages fashioning a new one out of tin etc..but the beam is now useless...its time to replace it with a working one.

I already have The LED equivalent ..but still, prefer the halogen glow.

If you've switched to LED and want to sell your old halogen striker, Drop me a PM please.

IMG_1445.JPG

http://m.uttings.co.uk/p118270-lightforce-enforcer-170-100w-handheld-light-variable-power-ef170vp/

There you go mate the new version to yours halogen as well ?

fook me mate you have had use out of that. i know youfr not super keen on the led. when i come up i will show you one ive knocked together out of 2 lamps. i took to one of those small aliminium lamps with a grinder cut the led out of it and put it in a 150 head, ive certainly got a little bit more range but its still not my lamp of preference.

its lasted a good while mate, must be 10 years old at least....can't complain after the amount of stuff its put away..lol

Big lad's just asked me when you're coming for a shine. . . that wind was tormenting me last nite...lol

anyone know the difference between a Lightforce 170 and a Deben Tracer 170 apart from price ? they look the same to me...talking halogen obviously..but the Deben variable is considerably cheaper than lightforce variable ?

anyone know the difference between a Lightforce 170 and a Deben Tracer 170 apart from price ? they look the same to me...talking halogen obviously..but the Deben variable is considerably cheaper than lightforce variable ?

i have deben tracer 170 variable and find it as tough as the standard light force 170 I used to have. The only thing I might change would be go up to the 210 for more light if the chase goes to the end of the beam. I was going to buy the striker but found the dimmer switch awkward to use. Deben has a lovely radio volume type knob on back of handle as sweeter to use. I notice on lamp shy stuff the variable turned down really low , just enough to see a glimmer of eye gets you right up on top of them. Using the standard light before didn't get me near as close.

i have deben tracer 170 variable and find it as tough as the standard light force 170 I used to have. The only thing I might change would be go up to the 210 for more light if the chase goes to the end of the beam. I was going to buy the striker but found the dimmer switch awkward to use. Deben has a lovely radio volume type knob on back of handle as sweeter to use. I notice on lamp shy stuff the variable turned down really low , just enough to see a glimmer of eye gets you right up on top of them. Using the standard light before didn't get me near as close.

Thanks Jiggy..a perfect reply for my question..I was also thinking of going up to the wok size for that extra long distance occasional episode.

Thanks Jiggy..a perfect reply for my question..I was also thinking of going up to the wok size for that extra long distance occasional episode.
i find the wok without variable is too intense and stuff will flee early but with the variable it would be the job. I looked at the striker and tried it first but was fumbling with the two button type switch and found it slow to dim compared to the speed of the tracer. I would imagine by feel though that striker casing is slightly more robust.Try before you buy.

Is there a difference in bulb wattage between 170 210 and 240 lamps or do they just have bigger reflectors and are the bigger ones harder on battery.

I notice the Deben 210 has a 75w .. and the Lightforce 240 blitz is a 100w ( so is striker 170 ) there must be a difference in beam and distance and battery use.

How does the Deben 210 compare against a Lightforce striker and blitz? please if anyone has tried them all?

Is there a difference in bulb wattage between 170 210 and 240 lamps or do they just have bigger reflectors and are the bigger ones harder on battery.

I notice the Deben 210 has a 75w .. and the Lightforce 240 blitz is a 100w ( so is striker 170 ) there must be a difference in beam and distance and battery use.

How does the Deben 210 compare against a Lightforce striker and blitz? please if anyone has tried them all?

I noticed that the 210 tracer lasts around an hour or so longer then the blitz using a 12amp battery but the beam on the blitz is a little longer then the 210. Never compared the 210 to a striker but don't think the striker would shine no where near the distance as the 210