Bsa R10 Mk2 Or Daystate Huntsman Regal?

Seems all guns these days have some issue or other that needs finishing or fixing. :hmm: It's the fact that my partner Helen has a brilliant Daystate Huntsman Classic and the looks of the Regal that won me over to buying one for myself. I can't speak for every Regal owner but mine is a stunning performance rifle with its Airtech regulator. Like Rabid says of his, mine too will punch the bullseye out all day long.

If the HW510 is experiencing problems with magazine and pellet indexing then, I'd go back to your original question...Which of the two...

AND BUY THE DAYSTATE REGAL.

No disrespect Simon but you paid £800+ on a gun then spent another £120 to get it to work like it should out of the box .

At £800 i would like a gun to work with out power issues ,shroud rattling , pellet dropping into the hammer system , powder coating coming of and at that price it should be regulated in the first place .

Yes the 110 is having a few problems ,mine has gone back for drop in power ,but so did both of my HW100k's .

The difference is HC has picked it up without any fuss unlike daystate . Daystate ask you questions and the put the blame on to you ,until you mention trading standards ...

The best PCP gun i have had out of the box is both of my BSA ultras , First one cost me £325 and SE £425 , i don't mind spending another £120 on a reg and tune and still comes in under £600 for a gun ,which will match any top price gun pellet for pellet

ATB Mitch

well for once iv got to agree with Mitch on all points of this Simon

Yes your Regal is a stunner and just on looks alone i would of done the same as you and spent the extra on getting her right but £800 is the sort of money that you would expect the rifle to be right and you have say,d this your self in the past

but at £920 i would want it made out of gold lol.

BUT if you look at it this way Mitch we buy a rifle some keep it for a few weeks some do it off the bat tune and polish ,,,add bits,,,,so we all spend extra money on our rifles any way to get them the way we want them to suit our selfs just look at what we spend on our spring rifles a bloody fortune .

Cant take any thing away from the ultra its thee best pcp out of the box and if bought new comes with a two year warranty and is as deadly as any ds or hw of any cal and stock preference

The ultra max is out standing and has been proved by me Ethan and Daz now if i had to pick on some thing about it i did not like it would be the air cylinder it could do with a longer one so it could have a better shot count but this would spoil the looks of the little rifle as how would they get the color right on her ,,,,,more money more time away getting done ..

Simons regal is one of the best iv seen it shoulders nice and feels good in the hand

He spent the money to get it right for him self

BUT WOULD WE NOT HAVE DONE THE SAME GIVEN THE AMOUNT OF MONEY WE SPEND ON TUNING ANY WAY

atvbjimmy :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

• Like 1

I can't argue with Mitch's observations based on the hard experience he's had with his Regal or Daystate's shabby treatment of him. It was a disaster for him; and I totally agree with you both Jimmy as I've said long before. Any air rifle costing £800 quid should be free of anything holding it back or against it, without spending more money to get it to perform as it ought to.

But then again. I don't own a single rifle that hasn't been tuned or fettled in some way. Only my HW77 .22 underlever is still as original parts-wise, but was fettled and honed and polished to a smoother firing and cocking cycle.

It's seems to be the way of our sport now.

Then again, I haven't heard anyone complain about the BSA Ultra they've had, mind you either. Though I remember Si Pittaway here singing the praises of Tench tuning for his Ultra. So there you go.

And the Brocock Compatto seems to be fast growing into a little stormer! That's worth a closer look.

• Like 2

I can't argue with Mitch's observations based on the hard experience he's had with his Regal or Daystate's shabby treatment of him. It was a disaster for him; and I totally agree with you both Jimmy as I've said long before. Any air rifle costing £800 quid should be free of anything holding it back or against it, without spending more money to get it to perform as it ought to.

But then again. I don't own a single rifle that hasn't been tuned or fettled in some way. Only my HW77 .22 underlever is still as original parts-wise, but was fettled and honed and polished to a smoother firing and cocking cycle.

Then again, I haven't heard anyone complain about the BSA Ultra they've had, mind you either. Though I remember Si Pittaway here singing the praises of Tench tuning for his Ultra. So there you go.

And the Brocock Compatto seems to be fast growing into a little stormer! That's worth a closer look.

Simon, I hated the MMC Ultra with a passion, it is the only air rifle that should be taken out and buried with a titanium stake hammered through the mechanism, at a crossroads, at midnight, that and it's bigger brother the Hornet...

Simon, I hated the MMC Ultra with a passion, it is the only air rifle that should be taken out and buried with a titanium stake hammered through the mechanism, at a crossroads, at midnight, that and it's bigger brother the Hornet...

I loved mine . shouldn't keeped it ,brilliant gun

Hello all, thank you all for taking the time to reply to this thred, a lot to think about as i said in first post going to the midland gamefair tomorrow and will try all the guns and talking to the various people etc. Someone a couple of days ago also raved about the walther rotex R8 as a possibility.... If im compleatly honest i still like the BSA R10 in theory but am going with an open mind. I already own a HW95 (but am struggling to get the hang of shooting a springer) so the 100/110 is a serious contender.

Once again thank you all and will let you all know what the outcome was.

Richard

Hello all, thank you all for taking the time to reply to this thred, a lot to think about as i said in first post going to the midland gamefair tomorrow and will try all the guns and talking to the various people etc. Someone a couple of days ago also raved about the walther rotex R8 as a possibility.... If im compleatly honest i still like the BSA R10 in theory but am going with an open mind. I already own a HW95 (but am struggling to get the hang of shooting a springer) so the 100/110 is a serious contender.

Richard

save your money with the rm8 hillbilly

I had one years ago.... it was crap, the balance is all to pot and I had it in bits loads of times sorting stuff out!

like the lads are saying second hand hw100's are well worth a go and don't be put off by it being second hand cos they last for ever!

atb si

• Like 2

Seems all guns these days have some issue or other that needs finishing or fixing. :hmm: It's the fact that my partner Helen has a brilliant Daystate Huntsman Classic and the looks of the Regal that won me over to buying one for myself. I can't speak for every Regal owner but mine is a stunning performance rifle with its Airtech regulator. Like Rabid says of his, mine too will punch the bullseye out all day long.

If the HW510 is experiencing problems with magazine and pellet indexing then, I'd go back to your original question...Which of the two...

AND BUY THE DAYSTATE REGAL.

No disrespect Simon but you paid £800+ on a gun then spent another £120 to get it to work like it should out of the box .

At £800 i would like a gun to work with out power issues ,shroud rattling , pellet dropping into the hammer system , powder coating coming of and at that price it should be regulated in the first place .

Yes the 110 is having a few problems ,mine has gone back for drop in power ,but so did both of my HW100k's .

The difference is HC has picked it up without any fuss unlike daystate . Daystate ask you questions and the put the blame on to you ,until you mention trading standards ...

The best PCP gun i have had out of the box is both of my BSA ultras , First one cost me £325 and SE £425 , i don't mind spending another £120 on a reg and tune and still comes in under £600 for a gun ,which will match any top price gun pellet for pellet

ATB Mitch

I also fell foul of the Daystate hype. Had my 177 customised by Airtech in Telford and now as sweet as can be. However, it cost me another £120.00 on top of the price of the gun but so well worth it. Also bought the R10 MKII in .22 8 months ago and just had it upgraded to FAC (34ftlb with Bisley Mags) While it was with Airtech I had Carl replace the regulator with one of his own custom built regs. Now have a gorgeous and reliable rifle. The moral of all this is don't believe the rubbish and marketing blurb that these manufacturers spit out and read the forum posts. We have all been there and made the mistakes. We also write about them so you don't have to go through the same.

Good luck and happy shooting

• Like 3

Richard

What problems are you having with shooting your HW95 Richard? :hmm: Most springer/shooter issues are down to finding and using a correct hold technique. For any spring rifle you cannot hold it tight or grippy in anyway. But light and with finesse. First, get into a prone position using a beany seat bag as a supportive rest for your forearm while you support the fifle forestock. Use a sweetly gentle rest at your shoulder, just a rest of the forend on the palm of your leading hand and your controlling hand nice and light on the grip, thumb up the wrist or back of the grip and the ball of your finger on the trigger between the first joint and the tip.

Set the trigger lightly so you are not pulling at it and bringing the rifle off-target and practice pressing the shot off by squeezing your thumb up the grip and trigger-finger together. A bit like taking a pinch!

A good quality rifle, scope or correctly-set iron sights and the right pellet will put pellet on pellet all day long, if you do your bit right! :thumbs:

All the best.

Simon

• Like 1