First Time!!

Alright guys after some help I have never owned my own gun always lend others mainly used a Bsa ultra but not sure on what gun to get so was asking for all your advice wouldn't be using this gun a lot so don't want anything to pricey but just something to take bunnies and rats thanks guys and something not to cheap but not to dear cheers

Yep, the Ultra's a good little rifle :yes:

..... If you want something a bit bigger, the Ultra Max and Scorpion are worth a look.

If you want something a bit more self contained (no bottle or pump needed), it could be worth considering a quality springer - it takes a bit more practice but, a good hunting shot is more rewarding.

Either way, the second hand market is always worth a look - most forums have a sales section and, Freeads isn't too bad :thumbs:

Good luck with your choice

• Like 2

Ultra sounds like a plan , great gun IMO that is why i have one and even better with reg in them

Thats why me and Ethan have two

ultra 22 single shot

ultra max 177 multi shot

cracking little rifles

atvbjimmy :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

post-63400-0-71934500-1504885851_thumb.jpg

post-63400-0-76300300-1504886068_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Ditto to the advice given,- pcp, namely an Ultra :good: ( fine rifle).

Bri, you say you have never owned your own rifle and have borrowed and used an Ultra ?

Maybe a good idea now for you to stick with pcp`s as a springer would be a whole new learning curve.

Good luck with your choices.

Ultra? Try this, only available in .22, but look at the contents...

http://www.pellpax.co.uk/airguns/air-rifles/pre-charged-pneumatic-pcp-air-rifles/gamo-phox-rifle-pack-22/17813

It is a BSA, uses BSA magazines, just got a Gamo trigger and Gamo on the side plates! Made by BSA, in Birmingham. You get everything you need to start shooting, gun, pump, scope, mounts, bag, target and pellets!

Why do I recommend this?

hz1Lbqb.jpg

hT6fzEk.jpg

OK so the scope is not the Gamo one, I had a spare scope so I managed to trade the scope against the price, same with the pump as I had a bottle, but with that outfit you will be able to shoot, top up, shoot, top up, etc etc!

Ultra? Try this, only available in .22, but look at the contents...

http://www.pellpax.co.uk/airguns/air-rifles/pre-charged-pneumatic-pcp-air-rifles/gamo-phox-rifle-pack-22/17813

It is a BSA, uses BSA magazines, just got a Gamo trigger and Gamo on the side plates! Made by BSA, in Birmingham. You get everything you need to start shooting, gun, pump, scope, mounts, bag, target and pellets!

Why do I recommend this?

hz1Lbqb.jpg

hT6fzEk.jpg

OK so the scope is not the Gamo one, I had a spare scope so I managed to trade the scope against the price, same with the pump as I had a bottle, but with that outfit you will be able to shoot, top up, shoot, top up, etc etc!

Our local gunsmith has an annual Open Day, and my club runs the air rifle range for them - new models, innovations etc. We had HW100, Ultra, R10 and so on, but i kept going back to the Phox - very tidy rifle !

You could do a lot worse !

(And I speak as the proud owner of AA S200 !)

• Like 1