Nice Munty

squab

one the biggest bucks iv seen and i see plenty over the years,prob dont look all that on vid but like to have got a run on him in the old days.

doe had already slipped cover 30 meters back then he come up out the cover headed straight toward me dogs were coming in fast and he was away, good to see we got plenty round here though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9BFraCfMAE

• Like 11

Years back i would hardly ever see muntjac when out mooching, there were a few about but over a large area. Nowadays i see them fairly regular whilst out, even see them over the local park now and then, also see quite a few roe as well. atb.

one my bushers put one out within couple hundred meters of a main town centre,could been bit lively if id had a lurcher with me lol
  • Like 2

Brilliant that mate .The few times i bushed for munjac was the best bushing sport by far.

yes mate they can make for an exiting walk out with couple decent bushers working the heavy cover,loads round here just waiting to get you in trouble lol
  • Like 1

Nice one you must see a few with them bushers ?

Seen a real freak head not long ago one huge antler and i do mean huge and nearly dead straight the other antler was like a little stump.

I see loads mate they make good eating...apparently,so I been told lol

Years back i would hardly ever see muntjac when out mooching, there were a few about but over a large area. Nowadays i see them fairly regular whilst out, even see them over the local park now and then, also see quite a few roe as well. atb.

one my bushers put one out within couple hundred meters of a main town centre,could been bit lively if id had a lurcher with me lol

I have seen munties in places there shouldn't even be any,seen them in London and seen a couple in reading,town munties.This pic wasn't taken in deepest darkest countryside.

post-1930-0-94500900-1505161353_thumb.jpg

post-1930-0-75142400-1505161366_thumb.jpg

• Like 9

To be honest my terrier tends to ignore them now and whenever she does put one out its usually by accident. She would go potty for them when she was younger and would follow them a fair distance but my last terrier was killed tracking a deer so really i'm glad she doesn't bother with them anymore. atb.

Edited by day and night walker

To be honest my terrier tends to ignore them now and whenever she does put one out its usually by accident. She would go potty for them when she was younger and would follow them a fair distance but my last terrier was killed tracking a deer so really i'm glad she doesn't bother with them anymore. atb.

lot time you can see them slip away quietly out the cover before the dogs onto them this is where a good lurcher would come into play,if the bushers exit where the muntys broke cover they will follow on scent but never go far usually straight back into working the cover up but if they right on top them when they break cover they will give tongue and follow on but them muntys are elusive little feckers dont take long to lose a busher through the thick cover.atb

• Like 1

I have seen munties in places there shouldn't even be any,seen them in London and seen a couple in reading,town munties.This pic wasn't taken in deepest darkest countryside.

cracking pics them :thumbs:

• Like 1