Bearded Collie Greyhound Or Border Collie Greyhound

Either one will work sheep well mate, ps get yourself a wall :wallbash::rofl:

I have always preferred a border collie, for a working dog plenty of them over here, that being said i'm not a huge fan of collie x's, just not my type of dog, I have seen some good one's over the years, good luck and A.T.B

I have always preferred a border collie, for a working dog plenty of them over here, that being said i'm not a huge fan of collie x's, just not my type of dog, I have seen some good one's over the years, good luck and A.T.B

what about a kelpie , they got bit different mind set to a border collie , i not keen on border collies temp either , if iwant a collie type think give the kelpie x a go . :thumbs: i did have 1 x kelpie x collie x grey years ago , very good worker , but she was a nasty dog, but that was just her, as most of the litter was ok temp wise what i was told, but i go for a straight kellipex grey or kelpie x lurcher , never had beadie x

• Like 3

I think Ray's right here kelpie or cattle dog,both different temps mindset , a like the cattle dog friend of mine keeps f1male it suits him he a rerrier man in professional terms if he doing a job and good clean live retriever of rabbis,and none of this mentality that ascosiates with lots a the collie types and some of the shepherd types,makes them easier to live with .atb bunnys

which one is the best working cross out of the two

:hmm:That is a difficult question to answer, with any real certainty...

I've kept most of the well-known Herding composites,...Border Collie, Beardie Collie hybrids, Kelpie crosses and of course, Australian Cattle Dog lurchers...

Enjoyed hunting with them all,...but, each type has its own peculiarities and individual traits,..nothing is definitive, they are all different... :thumbs:

Edited by Phil Lloyd
  • Like 4

what about a kelpie , they got bit different mind set to a border collie , i not keen on border collies temp either , if iwant a collie type think give the kelpie x a go . :thumbs: i did have 1 x kelpie x collie x grey years ago , very good worker , but she was a nasty dog, but that was just her, as most of the litter was ok temp wise what i was told, but i go for a straight kellipex grey or kelpie x lurcher , never had beadie x

Had a couple of Kelpie x's Ray, but used as nose dogs for pigs, run all day, too smart for there own good sometimes

Had a couple of Kelpie x's Ray, but used as nose dogs for pigs, run all day, too smart for there own good sometimes

yeh think that prob the same with most herding type dogs, think to much about the job, instead of just doing it . :yes: a x thats popular your way acd x ebt and acd x collie they do well on pigs , mind you there some nice stags they use on fox and pigs as well maybe easier live with people /dogs, as most sight hounds are easy going temps norm.

yeh think that prob the same with most herding type dogs, think to much about the job, instead of just doing it . :yes: a x thats popular your way acd x ebt and acd x collie they do well on pigs , mind you there some nice stags they use on fox and pigs as well maybe easier live with people /dogs, as most sight hounds are easy going temps norm.

Always been a big fan of sighthound x sighthound, get the mix right they are hard to beat imo.

Had two dogs percentage wise 3/4 but bred differently. One had beardy and one is just border. Prefer the border hands down, far easier to live with, more responsive, not sulky like beardy or temperamental... Just all round abit sounder upstairs lol time will tell how good he is, but it won't take much to beat the beardy I had if I'm totally honest.

Beardy x was mustard on rabbits etc. Run few other stuff but never connected, had a good nose. That said the border Hancock x I have has far better nose, faster and more powerful with a better strike... Strikes like a greyhound, clever run but drives in hard to strike. Where beardy used to sometimes make hardwork of some runs I thought but was good to watch as he didn't miss much.

In the end beardy x was rehomed to someone that just did day work as lamping he just f****d off n hunted if he had wiff of a fox and did his own thing lol