Drop-In Tbt Tinmum Kit Performance In My Air Arms Pro Sport .22

Gentlemen all. Hi.

TBT TINBUM DROP-IN KIT.

Well the kit is just the basic £24.99 drop-in model, but the Pro Sport has taken to it like a duck to water! It's smoothing-out now and the rifle has full-power, 11.7 ft/lbs FPE and puts both JSB HEAVY Diablo and Air Arms Diablo Field 5.52mm pellets through the same raggy pellet-hole at 25 metres zero.

I've put a Hawke Sidewinder 30 3-12x50 scope with a nice half-mil dot reticle on it for hunting and, while I didn't really get on with it at first, this scope has now, really won me over. On 8xmag and zeroed at 25 metres the 16-grain AA Fields fall nicely on the half mil-dot at 30 metres and 1 mil-dots at 35.

It's been out on several hunting forays now and everytime I see a rabbit or pigeon at a reasonable estimated ranges on the reticle, the rifle has put the shot right on the dot.

And I didn't even try Chairgun to find this out, just some very enjoyable 'shoot-it-and-see-what-happens' practice sessions on my garden range

I am absolutely delighted with my Pro Sport's performance with this basic kit and of course, the skilled workmanship of my friend Tim here who set the rifle up and installed it like a professional.

I know you can spend a mint on tuning kits and goodness knows wotnot tuning a spring rifle. But honestly, how can this be bettered?

There's a really lovely bit of felt recoil that is consistent and easy to control with the right hold techniques, and the shot-for-shot consistency and thus, accuracy, is accurate as a PCP.

I have permission at the gardens and woods of a luxury hotel near me, to shoot the rabbits that are threatening the newly-relaid lawns and ornamental gardens the hotel management has just spent tens of thousands of pounds on improving.

I was out there last Thursday night and bagged 9 rabbits and 6 woodpigeons, plus three Squirrels out of the trees; one of those Squirrels was over 30 yards and a standing shot;-not normally my best shooting position.

This rifle is pretty near perfect as it is now.

And I just love it to bits.

I can't recommend one of these TBT kits for your Air Arms springer highly enough.

All the best to you lads.

Simon

• Like 9

Thanks DJ!

Getting along with it like a house on fire! It doesn't always work out when something you've longed for, finally, comes into your possession but this Pro Sport has really proved itself to be all I ever hoped it would be. It's as precision-accurate and as delightful to own and shoot as it is truly, a stunningly beautiful rifle to look at.

I've wanted and waited for thirty years or so since I first clapped eyes on the Pro Sport at its first launch, to finally have one of my own and it has lived up to every great thing I've read about them. And it has none of the negatives that have dogged it of late.

I love it to bits.

Any spring rifle man here, has got to have one of these.

I take it that you are getting on well with the prosport then Simon ( lol)

It's great when you have waited for something for a long time and it lives up to your want and desires.
May there be many write up and hunting trips to come..

DJ

• Like 1

A spring rifle is the only rifle I will entertain these days.

My HW 100`s are going nowhere - seriously clinical.

Simon yourself and Mac are making me think of getting the Pro Sport (walnut .177) to compliment my T Rex :whistling:

Nice to see you are doing so well with the Sport too mate :yes::good:

I did like the Walther and it`s internals a lot but the stock and general finish "weren't in the same league" as the finish of an Air Arms rifle in my opinion.

atb Mark

• Like 1

Simon yourself and Mac are making me think of getting the Pro Sport (walnut .177) to compliment my T Rex :whistling:

I did like the Walther and it`s internals a lot but the stock and general finish "weren't in the same league" as the finish of an Air Arms rifle in my opinion.

atb Mark

:icon_eek: :icon_eek: :icon_eek:

ILL BELIEVE IT WHEN I SEE IT

AND IF YOU DO YOU WILL NEVER PICK YOUR TX UP AGAIN

ATVBJIMMY :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

SIMON REMEMBER YOU SHAPED THAT STOCK YOUR SELF MATE ,,,NOT ME ,,,NOT ANY ONE ELSE ,,YOU DID MATE

YES YOU MODELED IT OFF THE ONE I DID AND WHEN YOU SENT IT UP FOR ME TO FINISH OFF YOU HAD DONE THAT GOOD OF A JOB I DID NOT NEED TO TOUCH IT MATE ONLY APPLY THE OIL TO HER .

YOU COULD OF HAD ONE 30YRS AGO IF YOU NEW THEN WHAT YOU KNOW NOW

YOU SHOULD BE PROUD OF YOUR SELF AS YOU NOW OWN A TOP CLASS PP

AND YOU DID IT YOUR SELF

• Like 1

atb Mark

:icon_eek: :icon_eek: :icon_eek:

ILL BELIEVE IT WHEN I SEE IT

AND IF YOU DO YOU WILL NEVER PICK YOUR TX UP AGAIN

Well mate I`ve some expensive business to see to, for the next month or so and then I might just look at treating myself to a brand new, shiny spring rifle but which one ? :hmm:

I truly believe that the HW 100`s I own are the best hunting pcp`s out today, so to better them is a long wait I think.

Modern spring rifles, the T Rex , Pro Sport (walnut) - I`m not too impressed with the HW reports of late,- we`ll see ?

I love the challenge of spring rifle hunting compared to a clinical pcp, to just pick your rifle up, pellets and go, - no faffing about.

The classic/ modern spring rifle hunting, now that really is challenging and demanding of your shooting skills,a much more enjoyable experience I feel.

atb Mark.

• Like 1

Seriously Mark, I don't think you'll have a moment's regret for buying one in .177 or .22 caliber. I'm thinking of the same as a compliment to this .22 version of mine.

Air Arms seem to source some particularly superb barrels for their spring rifles in .177. I had a TX200HC for years in .177 that was bloody amazingly accurate; and Philpot had one recently that was a joy to shoot with.

I think you'd be really as delighted as I am with mine. Albeit I've been salivating after one for so long now. The thing just oozes classical sporting rifle, butt to muzzle. It's with a heavy heart that I say, after years of being a dedicated Weihrauch shooting affecionado, our home-grown Pro Sport makes some the German rivals look a bit dated and rough- I never thought I would ever say that!

And you have the added bonus that you don't have to do anything to get it to fit you as I had to! :thumbs:

SIMON REMEMBER YOU SHAPED THAT STOCK YOUR SELF MATE ,,,NOT ME ,,,NOT ANY ONE ELSE ,,YOU DID MATE

YES YOU MODELED IT OFF THE ONE I DID AND WHEN YOU SENT IT UP FOR ME TO FINISH OFF YOU HAD DONE THAT GOOD OF A JOB I DID NOT NEED TO TOUCH IT MATE ONLY APPLY THE OIL TO HER .

AND YOU DID IT YOUR SELF

Dear Jimmy.

It was you that showed the way for sure mate, when you made the mods to that early-model PS stock in Beech. That was the pattern to follow and I took my inspiration from it.

I'm really proud of what I've accomplished here with it Jimmy, but, I wish to God I really had more confidence or really did know more about what can be done with a bit of sandpaper, a leap of confidence and a lot of resolve, to make something of this rifle, as I do now.... But, back then, I just hadn't a clue about doing any of it without the fear of making a cocking great (and expensive) mess of it, getting in my head.

I'd love you to see it now when you come down next mate, or I can visit you up your way. The wood has mellowed beautifully with the occasional rub of oil into it. It's a fabulous rifle to handle and shoot with.

I'm going to look out for another Pro Sport especially to drop into that beech stock, it's just too bloody good to have it left doing nothing. .22 or .177 it doesn't matter.

I might even put it on my licence and have a second one in FAC format. A 16-17 ft/lb .177 version would be sweet as a nut and absolutely deadly on the rabbits.

I honestly think any left-handed shooter who wants one of these, should have one; and not be afraid to set to work as I did. It only takes a good look how the left-hand face of the grip is formed and a confident set to work with coarse grit sandpaper and gently remove the wood a little at a time until you smooth away all that pushes your hand away from the grip-chequering. For a few sessions of careful work, you can produce a beautiful rifle at the end of it.

Loading it from the right is no problem at all as makes no issue. You can quickly and comfortably reload it with with your left or right hand without faffing about.

All our love and best to you, Nicola and Ethan bonnie lad!

Simon and Helen xx

• Like 1

Seriously Mark, I don't think you'll have a moment's regret for buying one in .177 or .22 caliber. I'm thinking of the same as a compliment to this .22 version of mine.

Air Arms seem to source some particularly superb barrels for their spring rifles in .177. I had a TX200HC for years in .177 that was bloody amazingly accurate; and Philpot had one recently that was a joy to shoot with.

I think you'd be really as delighted as I am with mine. Albeit I've been salivating after one for so long now. The thing just oozes classical sporting rifle, butt to muzzle. It's with a heavy heart that I say, after years of being a dedicated Weihrauch shooting affecionado, our home-grown Pro Sport makes some the German rivals look a bit dated and rough- I never thought I would ever say that!

And you have the added bonus that you don't have to do anything to get it to fit you as I had to! :thumbs:

AND YOU DID IT YOUR SELF

Dear Jimmy.

It was you that showed the way for sure mate, when you made the mods to that early-model PS stock in Beech. That was the pattern to follow and I took my inspiration from it.

I'm really proud of what I've accomplished here with it Jimmy, but, I wish to God I really had more confidence or really did know more about what can be done with a bit of sandpaper, a leap of confidence and a lot of resolve, to make something of this rifle, as I do now.... But, back then, I just hadn't a clue about doing any of it without the fear of making a cocking great (and expensive) mess of it, getting in my head.

I'd love you to see it now when you come down next mate, or I can visit you up your way. The wood has mellowed beautifully with the occasional rub of oil into it. It's a fabulous rifle to handle and shoot with.

I'm going to look out for another Pro Sport especially to drop into that beech stock, it's just too bloody good to have it left doing nothing. .22 or .177 it doesn't matter.

I might even put it on my licence and have a second one in FAC format. A 16-17 ft/lb .177 version would be sweet as a nut and absolutely deadly on the rabbits.

I honestly think any left-handed shooter who wants one of these, should have one; and not be afraid to set to work as I did. It only takes a good look how the left-hand face of the grip is formed and a confident set to work with coarse grit sandpaper and gently remove the wood a little at a time until you smooth away all that pushes your hand away from the grip-chequering. For a few sessions of careful work, you can produce a beautiful rifle at the end of it.

Loading it from the right is no problem at all as makes no issue. You can quickly and comfortably reload it with with your left or right hand without faffing about.

All our love and best to you, Nicola and Ethan bonnie lad!

Simon and Helen xx

Simon that beech stock is not finished yet it needs a lot more work done to it yet

it was a ruff version as i needed you to test it out before i went the hole hog and made her right

i told you that when i was at your with it and fitted with my mates action out of his gun .

And if your going to get another for that stock she will need to be right

all stained

smoothed off

buffed to a high finish (once oiled )

SO HEAR STARTS YOUR NEXT LESSON LOL

YOU NEED TO STRIP HER RIGHT BACK TO PURER WOOD ALL OF IT

SMOOTH HER OFF SO SHE IS LIKE SILK

STAIN HER UNTIL YOU ARE HAPPY WITH HER (PUT A LITTLE SPIT ON YOUR FINGER AND WIPE THE STOCK THIS WILL LET YOU SEE WHAT IT GOING TO BE LIKE WHEN THE OIL IS PUT ON )

APPLY THE OIL AS MANY COATS AS YOU WANT LET EACH COAT DRY BEFORE APPLYING THE NEXT

THEN BUFF IT UP WITH BEE,S WAX TO A HIGH SHINE

OR YOU COULD JUST SEND IT BACK TO ME TO FINISH IT LOL

AS FOR HW RIFLES ITS ABOUT TIME THEY HAD A FACE LIFT

ATVBJIMMY/NICOLA :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

• Like 1

Glad your happy with her Simon

I've finally got my .177 prosport running mint now

its going nowhere :victory: just needs a good scope to set it off properly

I put the kit in you've got, I got it for free when I bought it cos of the safety being jammed on, in the end I had to ream out the safety but its spot on now :victory:

I fitted a vortek piston seal witch brought the power right up to the magic mark and I've put a fair bit of lead through her too and its bedded in lovely now!

got to confess I think the 97's are great rifles though, its a bloody nightmare going out now!

atb si

• Like 1