My Hunting Set Up For This Year...pic Heavy Warning

1 hour ago, Ted Newgent said:

probably around that weight,give or take.i am going down there later to hunt and will call in and see the remains lol

he did get the tape measure out and its a 3 inch square hole

we dont have game dealers,its against the law to sell wild meat

I keep forgetting you can’t sell the meat to a gamedealer :fool: ... I use what I consider the best round to do the job with the least damage ( 6.5 x55 using 129gr ) ..even if I body shoot the damage is fairly minimal ..I definitely won’t be useing the 338 lapau on the fallow , well not unless I take a dustpan and brush to pick up the remains ..:laugh:

• Haha 1

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

so i am an ex pat living in sask canada. the hunting here is excellent and i thought i would start my own thread of what i normally get up to every hunting season and throughout the damn fckn freein

here we go!!!   after all the tomphuckerey tuesday between landowners and damn truck hunters i headed off into private land that surrounds a piece of secluded wildlife lands.hardly anyone goes ther

heres an old photo of one of my best days 2 timber wolves and 2 coyotes    

Posted Images

41 minutes ago, sussex said:

I keep forgetting you can’t sell the meat to a gamedealer :fool: ... I use what I consider the best round to do the job with the least damage ( 6.5 x55 using 129gr ) ..even if I body shoot the damage is fairly minimal ..I definitely won’t be useing the 338 lapau on the fallow , well not unless I take a dustpan and brush to pick up the remains ..:laugh:

or if you do....pick up the pieces in the next county!!!!

• Like 1
1 hour ago, sussex said:

Hi

sussex its not rifle calibre that does meat damage its bullet construction and velocity

you could smash a deer to bits with a .22-250 using ballistic tips

but have no meat damage using a .375 with say nosler partitions or barnes tsx

ive killed lots of deer size game with large rifles with very little meat damage

On 2017-10-10 at 15:44, DanielG said:

i have called in wolves and coyotes and lynx before ,but its not easy in bc 

Dan did you ever hunt mountain lion with hounds in BC?Its on my bucket list,I would have done it this year but time is always the enemy,there's a guy in BC has almost 100% on big toms.

• Like 1
Just now, mackem said:

Dan did you ever hunt mountain lion with hounds in BC?Its on my bucket list,I would have done it this year but time is always the enemy,there's a guy in BC has almost 100% on big toms.

no mate never had the chance 

i lived right as far as there northerly  range ended

but i moved down south for the last six months and tried to call in a cougar a few times with no luck ,once in a lifetime to acheive that in canada

mackem if you are interested in a cougar hunt  I know of  a guide called chilcotin hillbilly who has had some huge toms

he locates the toms general area, and then you fly out and you then try to find the tom.

he finds doing it that way you stand a much better success rate of a large tom as you can find a lot of females and juveniles if you book dates in advance

• Like 1

Chilcot billy is the guy I was thinking of,operates out of Smithers?He offered 2 hunts dec/Jan just wrong timing for me,pay for the mountain lion hunt and try for lynx after you fill your cougar tag,his cats look huge,his firm is skinner creek.

Yes mate,he picks you up from Williams lake,but his website is skinner-creek

https://www.skinnercreekhunts.com/

he does 2 hunter 1 guide hunts for mountain lion,anyone ever up for it give me a shout,there's another guy does almost 100% on big toms I have been following for quite some time,he also does 2-1 hunts,he is Fred Wallace cat track outfitters in Colorado for half the price equally big cats,either look good to me.

BC Guided hunts are always expensive mate

but they do have some of the largest specimins of species, there  mountain goats are the biggest acording to the record books as are there cougars, and the chilcotin region has the biggest cougars  in canada .Also stone sheep  are unique to bc.

BC quarry list grizzly bear,black bear,wolf,coyote,cougar,lynx,bobcat,wolverine,fox,mule deer,whitetail deer,black tail deer,elk,moose,caribou,bison,stone sheep,dall sheep,cali bighorn sheep,rocky mountain bighorn sheep,mountain goat.Turkey and game birds and water fowl and all the furbearers. best hunting in N america and great fishing also. FECKING MISS IT LOL

ive never been on a guided hunt in bc, but i would imagine they would be very good if you get the right outfitter, and the scenery is jaw dropping.

• Like 1

Yes mate,the size of Canadian cats is ridiculous,I don't think the hunt is expensive for what it is as it's a once in a lifetime experience and a price can't be put on that,I very nearly booked a hunt with billy back in October,I was really tempted but we had already arranged to come out here for a month,and booked Thailand for a month early next year just bad timing,chilcot billy also does bear with hounds wouldn't mind a crack at that,be easier if I actually lived over here and could just jump on an internal flight,I understand why you miss the place.

LAST DAY OF DEER SEASON

went down to my mates thursday afternoon,we didnt see a damn thing.

i am getting pretty dam stressed now.

checked the other farmers cam and that buck was back again but 1 hour of legal time.

so in the mean time i  have been buying pop up hunting blinds,just took delivery of two yesterday.

i will post more on these again.

this morning 6am,up,brekky,ripped back up to the forestry.

got there 7.15am,black as a bag,set up the new pop up blind,threw down some beans,got settled down.

legal hnting time 8.20am.

daylight started to come around.rifles loaded,sipping on coffee,tooting on a roll up.

8.10am buck waltzes in starts feeding.phone out,tick fckn tock,tick fuckn tock

8.14am heard a shot like wtf.

8.19am tick fckn tock

buck still munching away.

check phone BINGO 8.20am.

slowly grab the rifle,STICK THE MUZZLE OUT OF THE BLIND this time,buck hears me,he jumps back and turns broadside

x hairs on the shoulder,BOOM.............buck runs off.

hmmmmmm what the fck.i didnt hear the thwack of the round smacking him,seriously did i miss him at 40yds!!!

i sat there and 5mins later a raven starts circling around,then a magpie.

ok off i went ,big clump of fur were i shot,blood trail found,walked about 30 yards just over a brow and there was the buck.

DRT

thru and thru both shoulders,blew the top of his lungs out.i was convinced i didnt hit.

gotta love ravens

not a monster but good meat for the freezer

back home 10.15am

image1.JPG

image2.JPG

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

deer season for me is over

now its fun time with those coyotes and if any damn wild boars decide to show,those too

not next weekend as i am out on the lash with the wife

but weekend after, this bloke will be geared up for some yote calling.

pics and stories to come.

• Like 4
36 minutes ago, Ted Newgent said:

deer season for me is over

now its fun time with those coyotes and if any damn wild boars decide to show,those too

not next weekend as i am out on the lash with the wife

but weekend after, this bloke will be geared up for some yote calling.

pics and stories to come.

Well done on the buck, looking forward to the next adventure.

• Thanks 1