My Hunting Set Up For This Year...pic Heavy Warning

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

so i am an ex pat living in sask canada. the hunting here is excellent and i thought i would start my own thread of what i normally get up to every hunting season and throughout the damn fckn freein

here we go!!!   after all the tomphuckerey tuesday between landowners and damn truck hunters i headed off into private land that surrounds a piece of secluded wildlife lands.hardly anyone goes ther

heres an old photo of one of my best days 2 timber wolves and 2 coyotes    

Posted Images

Well i have a rifle for sale.

going back to that pig that got hacked to schitt. The bloke who shot that has his automatic trap set up just south of my mates.

i got the call sunday that there was 9 pigs trapped how many do we want lol

so we cherry picked 4. These are around 120lbs. Not even a year old so the meat shouldnt be rank.

skinned and gutted 3 at the farm and just butchered 2.

i am glad i picked up another 900 ft of waxed butchers paper last week

IMG_5249.JPG

• Like 4
5 minutes ago, sussex said:

Skinned off a bit better than the one the other week Ted , should of had the fella round for a lesson in how to use a knife for skinning instead of an axe ..

He was at the farm

i showed him how to do it

but he has a very cheap crappy knife. So i delegated him to gut the pigs and i skin 

• Like 1

Have you had a chance to get out coyote hunting this winter ted?Could you use the pigs guts to attract them in?I watched a DVD the other day of some guys in Africa bringing a wild lion in to shoot it using bait and a recording of hyena and jackal calls,for some reason I thought of you :)

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, mackem said:

Have you had a chance to get out coyote hunting this winter ted?Could you use the pigs guts to attract them in?I watched a DVD the other day of some guys in Africa bringing a wild lion in to shoot it using bait and a recording of hyena and jackal calls,for some reason I thought of you :)

no i havent mate

its either been too cold to go out or i have been rather hungover

we keep also getting dumped on with snow,so its very hard for them to get around.

i cant see this snow going til atleast mid may unless april give us a surprise.

the pig bits for bait work if you snare for yotes,i have dumped stuff down before

and gone back next day to find fck all there lol

• Like 1
13 hours ago, Born Hunter said:

I wouldn't have thought digging a 3 ton truck out of ice that is stopping you from plunging into the icy abyss below is a very pleasant experience! :icon_eek:

ice was over 3 feet thick with atleast 3 feet of snow on top.that truck was buried.

lucky someone up there has a bobcat,still took over an hour to dig him out.

fishing,well we caught bugger all.fishing was awful.weather was really cold and windy.

we all just got totally hammered for 3 days lol

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just had a call off a friend 

two yotes were baiting their dog at their acerage just north of me. So gearing up for a yote calling session

set up is foxpro wired to an external speaker with a good selection of calls. Going to start with cottontail distress and bitch yote yelp.

caller and speaker in a cooler bag cammo with a white grain sack

firearm, going with the semi auto HK SL8 in 5.56. Meotpa 4-12x50 slapped on it

white winter cammo for me

-8c sunny sunset 7.45pm

legal shooting til 8.15pm

yes i know it sucks balls big time not being allowed to lamp

IMG_5280.JPG

IMG_5283.JPG

• Like 4

Well called for over an hour

swapping between coyote pup, female yote and different rabbit distress calls and bugger all to be seen.

yotes are using the creek bottom to get around. I drove around the area to see nowt.

going back tues or weds evening 

IMG_5284.JPG

IMG_5285.JPG

• Like 1