My Hunting Set Up For This Year...pic Heavy Warning

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

so i am an ex pat living in sask canada. the hunting here is excellent and i thought i would start my own thread of what i normally get up to every hunting season and throughout the damn fckn freein

here we go!!!   after all the tomphuckerey tuesday between landowners and damn truck hunters i headed off into private land that surrounds a piece of secluded wildlife lands.hardly anyone goes ther

heres an old photo of one of my best days 2 timber wolves and 2 coyotes    

Posted Images

i trapped these over a moose carcass (road kill) ,a roadways fella with a hiab craned it on my truck for me .

i have called in wolves and coyotes and lynx before ,but its not easy in bc as its real wilderness not ranchland and predators are more spread out.

its not easy to get large bags like it is in alberta and further east.

most of the tv shows are in ranches

• Like 1

ok my cow elk season starts

D day for me midday your time tomorrow.

got my quad loaded on the trailer.boots dubbed up.

game hoist(i will take a pic of this if it gets used) and butchering tools loaded in truck.

rifle checked and got ammo.

hunting knife sharpened.i have a stiper No18 mod2 knife for you knife addicts.

purchased game tag yesterday

loaded foxpro ecaller with cow and calf sounds.

just going down to dump off quad etc at my mates farm as he lives approx 2miles form the hunting grounds.

going to pull the SD card on the cam and fingers fckn crossed the elk are on it.

i scouted around last weekend,walked thru 4 quarter sections of bush and NOTHING,no signs of elk.

no one has seen any during the day.

i am not 100% convinced i am going to see any this week..

late season which is second week of december is better as we have a lot of snow on the ground. you stand a better chance

then.

EDIT just checked weather and chance of snow over the night/morning.this will make things interesting

anyways here my rifle.

its a remington 700LTR in 308 with a S&B 8x56 slapped on it.

i have a tactical 2 point sling with HK hooks that i use as its nice to carry the rifle down the middle of your back

and not looped over your shoulder

bullets are 165gr accutip remingtons.these work a treat.i did use 180gr BST normas which i bought in the UK and brought with me.them

with me but ran out and they are unavailable over here sigh

i dont know WTF is going on with my photos

sorry i cant rotate it

img_4614.jpg

Edited by Ted Newgent
  • Like 2

ok i am going to go into a full RANT mode

i will explain something first about hunting in sask,canada.

if land is NOT posted 'no hunting or trespassing' you can legally go on there and hunt.

you do not have to ask the landowner but its polite to do so.

SSSSSSSSSSSSSSoooooooooooooooo if you see a sign saying 'no hunting or trespassing'

this means you cant even put a toe on there.

BUT if the landowner gives you permission you are good to go.

pretty easy concept to understand,well you think it is..........

i get onto my mates land at 6am,legal shooting is 7am.his land is posted no hunting.

7.05am one truck appears and drives around the field,then another appears right by.

so i have a chat and he fooks off.

so i leave here for another spot were there is no vehicles allowed.

no elk,plenty of tracks though.

i leave there for another field were there is no vehicles allowed,no elk but plenty of tracks again.

i leave there and go back to my original spot.tuck myself up on the edge of the bush

so i can see in various directions from which the elk might appear.

3 PHUCKING HOURS i sat there then some PHUCKING redneck beverley hillbilly

drives his truck and trailer straight through the farmers crop and parks up.

his PHUCKING mate turns up in his truck.

they are a good 500 yds away but see me now as i walk onto the field and start to walk away

from them back to my truck.

they just totally screwed my hunt.

i bugger off back to an earlier spot as time is running out,nothing there.

so i rip back to my mates field only to find two more different trucks driving through his fields.

first one gets the "what you doing here?" 'well fck off you are trespassing'

the second truck is a 1/4 mile away,so i tear after then and stop them.

they openly admitted to being on the wrong fields

so they got both barrels(figuratively speaking ) from an englishman.

hunting in sask,sucks big time when schitt like this goes down.

i am thoroughly damn pi$$ed off tonight.

all you rednecks hillbillies LEARN to read ya dumb bunch of PHUCKS

rant over

Edited by Ted Newgent

ok

day two finished unsuccessful

too many moose hunters driving around causing mayhem.

i located another herd of elk but it was passed legal shooting time and on 'no hunting' land

after a bit of calling around i have located the land owner and off to knock on his door.

fingers crossed he gives me the ok,i usually come out trumps and they dont expect and englishman

to be asking for permission lol.being english do have its advantages.

i changed the card out on the cam and this little chap has made an appearance

img_4621.jpg

• Like 2

I didn't expect Saskatchewan to be so crowded mate,i always imagined you could hunt for days without seeing anyone :blink: I did used to watch a sask crime clip which normally was a lady asking for info on wildlife crimes such as a moose had been shot from the road and left dead where it fell.Hope you get your elk :thumbs:

I didn't expect Saskatchewan to be so crowded mate,i always imagined you could hunt for days without seeing anyone :blink: I did used to watch a sask crime clip which normally was a lady asking for info on wildlife crimes such as a moose had been shot from the road and left dead where it fell.Hope you get your elk :thumbs:

yeah well its hunting season and it brings out the idiots.you really dont appreciate hunting in the UK til you get over here.

atleast back at home once you get permission to land you are normally the only one on there,not the case over here.

had some shitty luck today,where i have the tree stand and cam which pics i have been posting,the landowner adjoining this land

took it upon himself to steal my cam,slice the ratchet straps to the barrel and tree stand.

here in sask we have 'wildlife lands' which anyone can hunt over(there is certain rules)

my set up was on this land,he has taken accept ion to this claiming the land is his.

i have padlocked and chained the treestand to the tree,off he can phuck now.

anyways back to hunting lol

finally located and herd of elk.one 5x5 bull with about 15 cows n calves.

they got wind of me and headed back into the bush.

this is on another piece of 'wildlife land' but its surrounded by private lands so no damn truck hunters

can gain access,foot only.

going back tomorrow and hopefully the wind will be in my favour.

i am still smiling lol

i did find a small herd last night,so i located the land owner because it was posted 'no hunting'

and fair do's to him he said i could hunt on there but not until he has shot his elk cow lol

he was a good guy.

Edited by Ted Newgent
  • Like 1

had some shitty luck today,where i have the tree stand and cam which pics i have been posting,the landowner adjoining this land

took it upon himself to steal my cam,slice the ratchet straps to the barrel and tree stand.

here in sask we have 'wildlife lands' which anyone can hunt over(there is certain rules)

my set up was on this land,he has taken accept ion to this claiming the land is his.

i have padlocked and chained the treestand to the tree,off he can phuck now.

ok this turned sour pretty quick

my mate who owns the land adjourning the other farmers land went down to see him

last night.

basically he doesnt want me n mate in there with this set up and we have to move it.

so my mate told him dont bother driving through his land to get to yours etc etc

both families have had agreements about access to each others land.thats gone now.

camera and card returned.

looking now for another spot