My Hunting Set Up For This Year...pic Heavy Warning

so i am an ex pat living in sask canada.

the hunting here is excellent and i thought i would start my own thread of what i normally get up to

every hunting season and throughout the damn fckn freeing winters.

i and a mate set up a tree stand last week in a thick bush sloughy swamp.

in here are moose,elk,whitetail deer and wild boars. the boars being are target species but we will be plugging

deer and elk( we have licenses to shoot either,dont ask as it too damn complicated to hunting back in the UK) LOL

right some piccys of tree stand,bait barrel and bait.i have just been back down there and dropped another 200lb of apples after we dumped

around 300lb last week.i changed out the card in the camera also.

yes i now know the date/time is wrong on my cam FFS lol

image12.jpg

pict0171.jpg

pict0196.jpg

pict0068.jpg

pict0067.jpg

pict0006.jpg

Edited by Ted Newgent
  • Like 7

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

so i am an ex pat living in sask canada. the hunting here is excellent and i thought i would start my own thread of what i normally get up to every hunting season and throughout the damn fckn freein

here we go!!!   after all the tomphuckerey tuesday between landowners and damn truck hunters i headed off into private land that surrounds a piece of secluded wildlife lands.hardly anyone goes ther

heres an old photo of one of my best days 2 timber wolves and 2 coyotes    

Posted Images

ok i gathered up some free bait from a neighbour so i ripped down to the spot

to dump it off and change out the sd card and set the time/date correctly this time.

here are a selection of 253 pics off the card.

i am quite taken back by the elk showing up.i know the herd is close by but wasnt expecting to see

so many.it is dryer than hell here so they must using this game trail to get to the swamp for water.

bull elk season opens up this friday,i dont have a tag but a friend does,so he might get lucky here at my bait site.

still no wild boar showing up yet.they are in this piece of bush but its only a matter of time.

pict0253.jpg

pict0250.jpg

pict0135.jpg

pict0101.jpg

pict0100.jpg

pict0066.jpg

• Like 4

Interesting, did do some Whitetail hunting in Nova Scotia using apples for bait.A fricking huge Black Bear ate a load of them!

generally there is no bears in this area,but one was spotted about 4 miles north west.this is unusual

I just don't see that as hunting like shooting fish in a barrel really ......

i understand what you are saying,i hunted for many years in the UK and this never happened apart from throwing grain down for ducks.this is a common setup around these parts to get game coming to the bait.some 'hunters' just drive the side roads all day waiting for the deer to cross the roads,this is bad form.

there is one big 'monster' buck in this bush(he didnt get plugged last year),i have 2 pics of him from last year.big bucks dont tend to move out of the bush,hence why they get so big.

this set up is mainly to encourage the deer to come in and the possibility of me nailing that buck PLUS i am trying to get the wild boar to feed here.

these are a bugger to hunt.hopefully soon they will show and i will post the pics up.

hopefully a big sounder of pigs descends on the bait and i get to shoot at them,then its a case of pigs around the barrel

Not for me.... :no:

i know were you is coming from.

i am just trying to provide you with some excellent photos and fingers crossed some results of me and my mates efforts.

i will try and contribute to this til atleast after christmas

Edited by Ted Newgent
  • Like 1

Please do keep contributing. It's ambush hunting, which is still hunting.

I personally prefer spot and stalk but I don't consider sitting out in a likely spot a lesser method. For me the most rewarding hunting is when I have done my homework and an intelligent approach pays off, the day of the kill may be the easiest part but it's rewarding nonetheless. Hours and hours spent contemplating my next session in the field and if baiting might get me a result then baiting will be used.

What will extraction be like. I assume you have ATV access?

I'm following the daily updates of an Aussie, Adam Greentree, who is on a self guided back-country Colorado Elk hunt at the moment. Very different of course and looks gruelling! Each to their own.

I personally prefer spot and stalk but I don't consider sitting out in a likely spot a lesser method. For me the most rewarding hunting is when I have done my homework and an intelligent approach pays off, the day of the kill may be the easiest part but it's rewarding nonetheless. Hours and hours spent contemplating my next session in the field and if baiting might get me a result then baiting will be used.

I'm following the daily updates of an Aussie, Adam Greentree, who is on a self guided back-country Colorado Elk hunt at the moment. Very different of course and looks gruelling! Each to their own.

Is there a link to follow this chap born ???

Sorry mate, it's on Instagram. I assume you're not on that? Though I would definitely suggest you download the app and join (if you do I can suggest a load of folks to follow to get you started).

I don't know if he has any other forms of social media like a website or whatever.

Edited by Born Hunter

In Canada they get taught at a young age how to extract animals out of tight woodland .......

post-240-0-84938000-1505217829_thumb.jpg

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Sorry mate, it's on Instagram. I assume you're not on that? Though I would definitely suggest you download the app and join (if you do I can suggest a load of folks to follow to get you started).

I don't know if he has any other forms of social media like a website or whatever.

I'd be interested to have a look if you wouldn't mind telling me what to look for