Ebay Theft Tool

This is just a theory but I'll tell you what happened an see if you lot agree or heard of this happening

About a couple of weeks back a mate bought some fishing gear off eBay nothing dear just stuff for float fishing he bid an won auction

anyway it was to be posted as the seller was about 40 miles away

2days after he won the bid a neighbour knocked on his door with the fishing gear that had been hand delivered a couple of doors down with a note saying please deliver to his name at his house number he thought it was weird that someone has driven down to drop it off an post it through a neighbours letter box with note asking them to pass it on

He thought maybe they were going somewere an passing through the area an couldn't find his address but didn't really think about it to much as he got the stuff anyway

A week later goes for a fag out the front at around 11 at night thinks he hears some one running down the gravel then he hears a car fly off down the road he goes to have a look all his fishing gears there leaning against the fence ready to to be chucked over an loaded into a car the strange thing is he only does float fishing for a bit of fun an if they took the the lot it would of only come to about 100 quid but they left aload of expensive tools an stuff

Now the theory he may be wrong but he recons the theif sells something small but related to what he wants to steal then gets the address where there's a possibility of high value items related

Seen a lot of expensive fishing gear, discontinued shimano tribal carp gear etc being sold for cheap in job lots on eBay, seller just seems to always have full set ups ... Suspicious if you ask me, 4/5k of gear for a few hundred pounds, midlands area,he's either swapping it for drugs or got gear heads out robbing it for him, I'd be careful on buying any full set ups etc. Plenty of wrong uns out there... Atb dc

I don't get it. They sell fishing gear to get the address of someone who might have more expensive gear? What if the person who won the auction lived 400 miles away?

it's probable him being paranoid but I do see why though it's a weird coincidence thieves targeting his fishing gear just after he bought some stuff for fishing

I don't get it. They sell fishing gear to get the address of someone who might have more expensive gear? What if the person who won the auction lived 400 miles away?

it's probable him being paranoid but I do see why though it's a weird coincidence thieves targeting his fishing gear just after he bought some stuff for fishing

It is a weird coincidence but far more likely than the ebay thing. People usually buy stuff off ebay that they haven't already got. My money would be on the neighbour or someone he told about it.

If have a look on the sellers eBay and see what other items he's selling what he's sold before and his feedback see if there's anything that seems fishy.

If he's selling fishing tackle I bet most of it is a bit fishy, badoom tish, I'll get my coat.

• Like 3