Favourite Sandwich

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hot salt beef mustard and pickle handsome !

Who does your nails Marshman ?

ohhhhh close, roast beef cheese n branston on crusty bread, or chicken bacon cranberry stuffing and mayo in a white sub roll

Posted Images

Coddle sandbo. Nothing better than sitting over a nice bowl of coddle with Brennan's batch knocking a load of sandbos together as you work your way to the bottom of the bowl Fookin champion

whats coddle?

Sausages, bacon, potatoes and onion all cooked together with some stock in a big dish in the oven, that's what my Granda would call coddle anyway. Great winter warmer :thumbs:

• Like 1

Coddle is mostly a Dublin dish , sausages,rashers,kidney potatoes,onions boiled candy sauce as a condiment with a prince of salt and pepper that's a northside coddle. South side is the sausages,rashers,potatoes,onions and oxtail soup on top south spiders never get it right

Coddle sandbo. Nothing better than sitting over a nice bowl of coddle with Brennan's batch knocking a load of sandbos together as you work your way to the bottom of the bowl Fookin champion

whats coddle?

Sausages, bacon, potatoes and onion all cooked together with some stock in a big dish in the oven, that's what my Granda would call coddle anyway. Great winter warmer :thumbs:

never had a clue, thanks

Coddle is mostly a Dublin dish , sausages,rashers,kidney potatoes,onions boiled candy sauce as a condiment with a prince of salt and pepper that's a northside coddle. South side is the sausages,rashers,potatoes,onions and oxtail soup on top south spiders never get it right

I'm a southsider I've never heard of anyone putting oxtail soup candy sauce or kidneys into one I put country vegetable soup in mine,and for anyone who's never had one you're missing out big time.

I started serving my time as a butcher in Dublin nearly 30 years ago and a coddle traditionally was made on a Monday to use up all the left overs from the weekend. So everything went in.

But the thoughts of putting what's essentially a stew on a sandwich ?????????

Does the bread not need to be rock hard to stop the coddle breaking it up, lol.

Right, let's just get a few things straight here.....

Anything like Brandston pickle, picklelily, salad cream or mayo is just wrong and needs banning!

Women and kids sauce (ketchup,tomato sauce) is just as bad and THE ONLY brown sauce is DADDIES.

Now that we have all agreed that I'm right please enjoy your sarnies!

Matt