Won't Connect

Ive just started my bull x hes 22 months old picking rabbits up for fun also had teeth with another dog but he pulls em shakes em then stands off n let other dog do its buisness maybe hes not going to make grade or needs time but time tell

maybe he needs to run himself he is obviously use to the other dog helping him would you take a bite if you no some other idiot will lol try him himself and you will see
some dogs gets balls when there's another dog with them it's when you show them on there own you see what they can do

Every dog is different some take to it like a duck to water, others take time.

I'm definitely no expert, from what I have learnt from my dogs, the old men and mates, I put it all together and imo the man makes the dog (with a little tolerance for a cnut dog.. mine)?

Edited by mushroom

Ive just started my bull x hes 22 months old picking rabbits up for fun also had teeth with another dog but he pulls em shakes em then stands off n let other dog do its buisness maybe hes not going to make grade or needs time but time tell

maybe he needs to run himself he is obviously use to the other dog helping him would you take a bite if you no some other idiot will lol try him himself and you will see
some dogs gets balls when there's another dog with them it's when you show them on there own you see what they can do
some dogs get brave I agree but a smart dog will not take a bite if it done need to the only way to tell is to run it singled

some dogs get brave I agree but a smart dog will not take a bite if it done need to the only way to tell is to run it singled
i agree totally mate
  • Like 1

I remember my beddy/whippet doing some thing long them lines when she was young. Then she eventually grabbed one literally by the fur and struggled to hold it. I remember her losing a few then she sort of perfected things and held them just by the skin. Just the way she was and turned out brilliant. Stick with it and now is the time nice easy rabbits up against a nice thick hedge. Get right in there and give a bit of encouragement rather than stand a 100 yards away holding the lamp

Had a bitch that never took hold of a thing in the 2 1/2 years I had her and another season with the lad that breed her. Most frustrating thing I've ever endured with a lurcher, that little bitch had everything going for her, speed, could jump like a kangaroo her retrieve was spot on and nothing seemed to faze her. But watching that bitch chase every rabbit to a hedge are a burrow with plenty of chances to lift them would test any man. She did the same with foxes and run herself to a stand still on a hare. Tried her single, doubled up, sitters, runners, dead ones, live ones lol. I give her back to the lad that breed her and he tried her for another season with the same result.

Try the animal feeding half carcass with skin the lot ,mega mileage feed when sharp set it will get the idea trust me some animals need to be really bang weight right before they even try to pick up lots of the above it will click and what does it matter if it eats a few ,when going right bring her back up find her running weight and she will start lifting them fa yas and she will still bring back if trained ta do so , seen lots a coursing dogs like this they can be cured and got right .atb bunnys.