Your First Wage Packet..

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

1976 £16 per week British Leyland apprentice Gave it to my Mum & Dad as keep coz i had a saturday job in a clothes shop & with commission i earned £25-£30. Many years later when i got married

Cheers Arry there still here bud My Dads nearly 93 & my Mums 90. Hope to have em around a while yet. Atb

£2.10 SHILLINGS 44 HOUR WEEK. couldn't wait to get me overalls on 50years later couldn't wait to get them off and not bothered if I don't pick up another spanner in my life .. After a few pays the

4 quid a week working in the woods 1965. I had to take my wage packet home unopened.Best job I ever had. I loved it.I would have done it for nothing just to see the wildlife and be free from classrooms.'

• Like 1

1976 £16 per week British Leyland apprentice Gave it to my Mum & Dad as keep coz i had a saturday job in a clothes shop & with commission i earned £25-£30. Many years later when i got married my Mum & Dad gave me an envelope... it was all the keep i'd paid them over the years. Bless them.

What a lovely Mom and Dad you had mate, quite moving that. My old man would have been straight down the boozer.

Cheers Arry

• Like 1

£90 odd quid in '98 working on Brighton pier.

That's a fair few punters at £2 a pop, lol.

Hahaha! Actually it was a pound a go at the time! Amazing how many people want to win a stuffed alien by throwing balls at lead weighted tin cans!

• Like 1