Your First Wage Packet..

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

1976 £16 per week British Leyland apprentice Gave it to my Mum & Dad as keep coz i had a saturday job in a clothes shop & with commission i earned £25-£30. Many years later when i got married

Cheers Arry there still here bud My Dads nearly 93 & my Mums 90. Hope to have em around a while yet. Atb

£2.10 SHILLINGS 44 HOUR WEEK. couldn't wait to get me overalls on 50years later couldn't wait to get them off and not bothered if I don't pick up another spanner in my life .. After a few pays the

1992? £70 a week apprentice mechanic got laid off after 8 months.

Paid £10 week rent ,£5 to fill up the dt 50 work was 8 mile away

After that mum got me a temp job at factory she worked at £3.00 odd an hour ,I was there over a year,they laid me off for a week to break my contract so they didn't have to give me full time job,didn't mind as it was only other end of village

Had me car licence then.

£55 a week as an apprentice coach builder in 1996

The old girl used to tap my foot if I was under a trailer, every Friday afternoon and get me to sign for a little brown packet that had cash and a pay slip in it.

Happy days :)

• Like 2

£55 a week as an apprentice coach builder in 1996

The old girl used to tap my foot if I was under a trailer, every Friday afternoon and get me to sign for a little brown packet that had cash and a pay slip in it.

Happy days :)

The old brown wage packet on a Thursday for me, least you had something to show for your graft.

Nowadays I work my back off and look at a few numbers on a screen, doesn't hold the same incentive as the old brown wage packet.

• Like 5

1st job when i was 13/14 was in a fruit and veg merchant.got sacked for supplying half the street with fruit.

1st proper job was £160 a week in a boning plant doing pork legs.'96'.got sacked for having every friday off.

They called me boomtown rat at one joinery shop I worked at ..I didn't like Mondays lol

• Like 1

1983,,,16 just left school ,,,worked in a factory in our village bailing plastic,,,£1 an hour,,,stayed there a short while got layed off,,then did a yts at sherwood forest edwinstow doing land managment,, £26 a week if i remember right

Jeez. You guys had it good. 1 and 6d on a Friday and at 14 trying to buy a pint. Them was tough days. I remember my first moles and they were worth more than 6d. Dry stone dyking was where the money was though. £1 a yard and £1 a height. Cold as FCk but you had to get on with it . Aye we had it good. Jok.

• Like 1

Remember the old man getting me and a couple of mate's in the steelworks shutdown wile we were in the last year at school we had to tell the contractor we were 18 remember getting about £130 for 7 days 12 hour shifts that was in 76.lol.After leaving school got a job on a building site as a chain lad that was working with the QS setting the big housing project out first wage was £12.50 gave me mother a fiver board and still had money come next payday.

1968 , £6 a week for a transport firm and the old lady took £2 of that for house keeping ..got a rise after three months to £7 and when I told my mum she took another half a quid ...never told her about any pay rises after that ..

• Like 2