Your First Wage Packet..

how much was your's..

mine was three pound three shilling's..nautical school..first trip at sea, picked up thirty odd quid..three week trip,,landed three thousand odd kit..a kit in them days was ten stone..ten bob millionaire's we was..lol.........happy days..

• Like 1

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

1976 £16 per week British Leyland apprentice Gave it to my Mum & Dad as keep coz i had a saturday job in a clothes shop & with commission i earned £25-£30. Many years later when i got married

Cheers Arry there still here bud My Dads nearly 93 & my Mums 90. Hope to have em around a while yet. Atb

£2.10 SHILLINGS 44 HOUR WEEK. couldn't wait to get me overalls on 50years later couldn't wait to get them off and not bothered if I don't pick up another spanner in my life .. After a few pays the

1980 £39.00.

you were well paid :cray: 1984 £2

Apprentice Electrician. The site i started on was on a special rate D2 cant remember what it means but extra money on top of the hourly rate.

• Like 1

I used to earn a three pence piece for sweeping the sawdust up in the butchers after school age 7, 5 evenings, then £2.50 age 12 milk round Saturday/Sunday morning then first full time job £25 a week age 16, got a job in a nuclear power station soon after when it was still nationalised and wages were £189 a week, I thought I was Rockefeller for a while, bought a triumph 2.5pi for my first car and it cost me twice the purchase price to insure it but I was the bollox so did,nt care ( or I thought I was at the time )

• Like 2

Think it was arbout £75 back in 87 as a labourer/welder . My old man got me the job with him the day after I left school at 15 . Lasted about 12 months before I jacked because I didn't like working with him and it's only in the last few weeks I've started speaking to him again