Plummer Or Lakeland

I got lakeland an my son got a plummer pup, id say if its for odd bit of earthwork an lots bushing an mooching then either of them will do, but if ypur gonna do a lot of earth work then ye prob be better with a black dog or at least one bred from a long line of earth dogs, but tbh you will prob struggle to find a line of plummers pr even lakelands these days bred solely for earth work, unless you know summat i dont haha

An to dd both lakelands an plummers iv seen are more than capable of living indoors but like any dog they should always be under control an never left alone with kids, an a kennel or cage will be worth its weight in gold when ye want peace or have visitors or kids birthday party or whatever

Yeh just a bit of mooching really, I have a little Stafford bitch atm who is bonkers so I know all about wanting peace and quiet lol!! A good stair gate and the hallway come in handy!!

I know it's not the answer you are looking for but a Springer is about as good as it gets for outright bushing. (In my opinion). Certainly no good for going to ground but also doubles as a good companion. I reckon some of them Springer crosses would tick all the boxes. Have a word with gaz1989 cause he knows a bit about the job. Jok.

• Like 2

Neither

What would you suggest jiggy?
we used terriers for bushing for years and they are a pain for dropping to ground in the last place you want to put them. Get a larger breed like beagle x springer, or even beagle x terrier that might mark a hole but won't be as likely to drop in un wanted. Bring your terrier on a lead and you can pick and choose where you drop it giving you more control. You might not want 2 dogs if you haven't the space but it is worth it in the long term.
  • Like 2

Neither

we used terriers for bushing for years and they are a pain for dropping to ground in the last place you want to put them. Get a larger breed like beagle x springer, or even beagle x terrier that might mark a hole but won't be as likely to drop in un wanted. Bring your terrier on a lead and you can pick and choose where you drop it giving you more control. You might not want 2 dogs if you haven't the space but it is worth it in the long term.
well I have my little staff bull bitch who doesn't hesitate on going in to any sort of bush and flushing stuff out she's just not quick enough for catching anything so was really after something smaller

Neither

Good sensible answer, if you don't want the grief of your dog going to ground god knows where then get one that's too big for the job.

I know it's not the answer you are looking for but a Springer is about as good as it gets for outright bushing. (In my opinion). Certainly no good for going to ground but also doubles as a good companion. I reckon some of them Springer crosses would tick all the boxes. Have a word with gaz1989 cause he knows a bit about the job. Jok.

thank you,you made my day lol
  • Like 1

I got lakeland an my son got a plummer pup, id say if its for odd bit of earthwork an lots bushing an mooching then either of them will do, but if ypur gonna do a lot of earth work then ye prob be better with a black dog or at least one bred from a long line of earth dogs, but tbh you will prob struggle to find a line of plummers pr even lakelands these days bred solely for earth work, unless you know summat i dont haha

An to dd both lakelands an plummers iv seen are more than capable of living indoors but like any dog they should always be under control an never left alone with kids, an a kennel or cage will be worth its weight in gold when ye want peace or have visitors or kids birthday party or whatever

When anybody mentions a Plummer in the same context as a Lakey im at a loss because is that what we have become now,its a fecking sad reflection on a Lakey when its sunk to the level of being comparable to a terrier that could not live in its shadow and thats a flying fact.In the not to distant past when terrierfolk knew their terriers a Black and Tan was a much sought after jukel as a working companion,the advent of the show and ribbon as lent that distinction to a far blacker mutt that was known to be a pale shadow of its tanner cousin.

• Like 2

When anybody mentions a Plummer in the same context as a Lakey im at a loss because is that what we have become now,its a fecking sad reflection on a Lakey when its sunk to the level of being comparable to a terrier that could not live in its shadow and thats a flying fact.In the not to distant past when terrierfolk knew their terriers a Black and Tan was a much sought after jukel as a working companion,the advent of the show and ribbon as lent that distinction to a far blacker mutt that was known to be a pale shadow of its tanner cousin.

And both better than a Beddy hahaha

Only joking.....

Or am I?* haha

I spent years with Black terriers and id not own another,i spent years with Russels and would not feed one now,in all them years it was difficult to source an honest terrier that could live with an honest lakey when Lakeys where honest,i cannot be the only member on here that knew what a terrier was worth in the not to distant past,ill always have a Lakey in the kennel,the one i own now is 4th choice in an hole behind 3 of the Beddys i own and im one of the few folk about that recognise the virtues of a good Lakey,i may recognise what most refuse to see,geez its a fecking Beddy and what use are they????.

• Like 1

And both better than a Beddy hahaha

Only joking.....

Or am I?* haha

I spent years with Black terriers and id not own another,i spent years with Russels and would not feed one now,in all them years it was difficult to source an honest terrier that could live with an honest lakey when Lakeys where honest,i cannot be the only member on here that knew what a terrier was worth in the not to distant past,ill always have a Lakey in the kennel,the one i own now is 4th choice in an hole behind 3 of the Beddys i own and im one of the few folk about that recognise the virtues of a good Lakey,i may recognise what most refuse to see,geez its a fecking Beddy and what use are they????.

How honest is your lakie if you just admitted lakies aren't honest

and do you seriously believe your beddies are better than blacks and russells?