Crayfish Bonus

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here you go mate very nice with some sea salt and Marie Rose sauce .....

One of the places I do monthly pest control on has a small river/stream that runs through it fed by the Thames so when I go on a Saturday I put the crayfish traps in and the lad that shoots for me on

Now, while the water is up in temperature, for bait I buy a cheap cat food foil tin thing, and pierce it a few times. But anything meaty will do.   Ive not trapped them seriously in my own place for

Posted Images

Chaff,did you ever try using cooked cray tails? Just like a good prawn I would have thought?

No can't say I have, but if crays (red signal) are in the water your fishing and it holds sizable fish then that is what I would present to them in some form.

They are very cannibalistic, so water I fish has good head of both big carp and signals, so might be grief, but worth a try on one rod!

Liquidize and add to boilie mix, I used to use powdered egg in the mix and make hook baits like stone then soaked in Amino's

Good luck well worth a try and they are free

• Like 2

I've just moved up to yorshire and found a place with some signal crayfish. I've not got any traps I've just been turning stones over. Atb

Which river mate ? Knock yourself up some traps they're dead easy to make. Tested wire against plastic a while back and the plastic outfished the metal.

Up on the wharfe bud. Been going to grassington but seems popular so going to try somewhere else.

Long shot I know but does anyone know anywhere around the Norfolk Suffolk borders that are holding signals ..? Been looking for a while with no joy

The good lady's uncle lives near Norwich, but fishes all over the area. Don't know the region myself, but a while ago he was moaning about them being in the Nar and the Wensum........

• Like 1
Long shot I know but does anyone know anywhere around the Norfolk Suffolk borders that are holding signals ..? Been looking for a while with no joy[/quote

The good lady's uncle lives near Norwich, but fishes all over the area. Don't know the region myself, but a while ago he was moaning about them being in the Nar and the Wensum........

Cheers for that I'll have a nosey

could be doing with a bucket them for my local river[/quote) not something you want to be discussing on an open forum, lots of damage to the ecosystem being blamed on them,even though they do taste rather nice and give you a wonderful feeling of revenge everytime you eat one

fuk them we dont have a native crayfish, might be just what the doctor ordered for ordinary joe on the street to get on the river free off charge
You don't know what you are talking about.

https://g.co/kgs/qiPauK

We do have a native crayfish, it's population is threatened by the signal crayfish, for that reason alone translocating them is f***ing irresponsible, not to mention the other issues they cause.

Edited by Hydropotesinermis
  • Like 2

could be doing with a bucket them for my local river[/quote) not something you want to be discussing on an open forum, lots of damage to the ecosystem being blamed on them,even though they do taste rather nice and give you a wonderful feeling of revenge everytime you eat one

fuk them we dont have a native crayfish, might be just what the doctor ordered for ordinary joe on the street to get on the river free off charge
You don't know what you are talking about. https://g.co/kgs/qiPauK

We do have a native crayfish, it's population is threatened by the signal crayfish, for that reason alone translocating them is f***ing irresponsible, not to mention the other issues they cause.

Think that fellas in Ireland bud, not sure if they got whites over there.

Atb

When we were kids we used to catch native crayfish (they were just crayfish then) in the local park & streams on bacon rind tied onto fishing line, they were that daft they'd just hang on and be pulled out, never tried eating them and we always put them back so we could catch the daft f*ckers next time.