Something For The Weekend, Sir?

Following on from my post in General Talk, on my mates online Shadowbox/Museum of ephemera, "Pest Control, 1950 to 1975". Here's some new content which I'm sure you lads will find very interesting indeed.

Have a flick through whilst yer there. Lots of ephemera collected over many years, and placed here for easy access and viewing.

Lots more content to be added too, so have a browse through whenever ye can. Enjoy!

1959 Young's catalogue now showing!

http://pest-contol-papers.boards.net/thread/87/1959

Edited by EDDIE B
  • Like 6

If they will honour the prices I could be interested in placing a large order, very interesting to look back at what was on offer back then will not see a lot of that stuff ever again.

Yes, and as things have changed over the years, with more and more ever tightening restrictions, the joy is being squeezed out of our sport. Whether a pastime or profession, we enjoy what we do. Yes those were harder times, but better times.

That is a lovely link,..many thanks for posting it... :clapper:

I suppose I am fortunate to have lived through such times,...indeed, I spent many hours with the Young and Son team... :laugh:

What tales could be told,..but best left for another place... :whistling:

In an age where a lot of folks seem obsessed, with the best dog, the most game caught, the biggest bollocks, etc,...it's great to talk traps and trapping... :yes:

• Like 2

Nice one Eddie :DDo you know if there are there any pre war catalogues in existence?

Here's one, at the bottom of this page

http://pest-contol-papers.boards.net/board/14/young-sons-misterton

Lots of other good stuff if you have a flick through.

Thanks Eddie these catalogues show the wire standards (TEALERS) being commercially made.

Although they were new creations to some in late 40's these catalogues show the wire standards incorporating brass wire as to act as swivvel being commercially sold around that time, it even states the twist in some catalogues,They were already in use way down south around suspected time of there creation in scotland in 1949 :whistling:.

very interesting looking at the various stuff in these catalogues.

Thanks again Eddie :thumbs:

• Like 1

Well done Eddie,....once again, what a great thread... :clapper:

Looking through the Young and Sons catalog ... I can see my Hemp Longnet...

I wanted a nice green net, so when we were courting,.. back in 1972, my dear wife purchased one for me... :yes:

I still use that net today,...pretty good value for 30 shillings, eh... :thumbs:

post-25-0-27907500-1504221067_thumb.jpg

Edited by Phil Lloyd
  • Like 1