Mackerel Fishing

Loads of Mackerel in Start bay at the moment. Had a few for a feed yesterday from Beesands but the beach was minging the mackerel driven sprat white bait up the shore. there were two line of them about half a meter wide the hole length of the beach cooking in the sun. Had a cracking Fisherman breakfast from the cafe down there.

post-100132-0-53658400-1503909688_thumb.jpg

post-100132-0-38552600-1503909805_thumb.jpg

Cheers Arry

• Like 3

Thought I'd pass this on, Mackerel will die if handled then returned to the water. Best way is to crush the barbs or barb less hooks and shake them off straight back into the sea. Not trying to tell granny how to suck eggs but some folk don't know.

http://www.sacn.org.uk/Articles/Releasing_Mackerel.html

Cheers Arry

Genuinely never knew that. Learn summat new every day.

• Like 2

Been the poorest summer for mackerel for me so far. The few times I have been out there's not much happening. Was hoping to get the freezer stocked up for the dogs. Had a bit of luck down near Torquay and a few in Beer. Have fished seaton area the last few times and had nothing. Working up in north Devon this week so will get the kayak out and have a go there.

Been the poorest summer for mackerel for me so far. The few times I have been out there's not much happening. Was hoping to get the freezer stocked up for the dogs. Had a bit of luck down near Torquay and a few in Beer. Have fished seaton area the last few times and had nothing. Working up in north Devon this week so will get the kayak out and have a go there.

I had loads in March and then it went very quiet. I here there's loads about now down the usual spotsuspects hopes nose berry head etc. . I'll be down for a weeks bass fishing in November. If you want to tag along I'll be taking the kayak down the south hams a few days weather permitting.