Varmageddon

I've always used Hornady V-Max for reloading my fox rounds, but the price of the bullets seems to be going up and up. I was having a look at Nosler Varmageddon and they seem to do the same thing V-max do, but are a fair bit cheaper.

Anyone use these to good effect or are there other better options? Cheers.

Good choice , you not trying the 40 grainers in the hornet also?

53grain in .223 are pretty deadly and great BC.

I might try the 40 grainers. I read somewhere there can be an issue with length, so 35s sound easier, but I'll try anything once.

Are the varmageddons and nosler ballistic tips pretty much the same thing as vmax?

Good choice , you not trying the 40 grainers in the hornet also?

53grain in .223 are pretty deadly and great BC.

Are the varmageddons and nosler ballistic tips pretty much the same thing as vmax?

Varmageddons are thinner jackets than vmax and slightly different bullet style, flat... vmax are better for higher velocities.. I think??

• 1 month later...

Alright Walshie?

Yes, I've used Varmageddon's in the past. Initially it was down to the non-availability of the VMax projectiles, but then I noticed the significant price saving so I remained a customer of the brand while I needed them.

I've used a variety of weights - 20gr, 40gr, 55gr and 70gr and they have always performed well on distances out to 200 yards.

55gr in my .223 proved to be very explosive on foxes. I had a number where abdomens actually popped, with what must have been the shock of the round.

• Like 1

Alright Walshie?

Yes, I've used Varmageddon's in the past. Initially it was down to the non-availability of the VMax projectiles, but then I noticed the significant price saving so I remained a customer of the brand while I needed them.

I've used a variety of weights - 20gr, 40gr, 55gr and 70gr and they have always performed well on distances out to 200 yards.

55gr in my .223 proved to be very explosive on foxes. I had a number where abdomens actually popped, with what must have been the shock of the round.

Cheers mate. I'll try them when my v-max run out.

• 2 weeks later...