A little buckskin rednose bitch,a temperament that would leave a golden retriever looking like Cujo.Caught everthing from mice to pigs and my constant companion.Loved my friends and hated my enemies and saved my arse on a number of occasions.One afternoon she came down sick,came over to me and licked my hand and went to her kennel and died soon after.A great mate R.I.P. Ivy.

• Like 10

The JR jumping through the gate in the snow post on "show us your white dogs". Snowy very stocky JR I bought from a farmer on Dartmoor, I was gob smacked the other day when I found the old photo and looked on the back to see 1982 written on it. If you told him off he would wimpier in the corner of the room not even touched him, Take him out he would hulk out and take on the world. Gentle with the kids and ferrets etc. Often think of him, lives on in my memory

Cheers Arry

Edited by Arry
  • Like 2

A red fell dog that i bred myself out of a mediocre bitch back to a good dog of Gary Middletons, Rastus could work Pheasants as well as any spaniel in the beating line, as long as there was no earths in the wood.

To ground he was as hard as the Hobs of Hell, a dog to do a certain job, He walkaway from a fight with another dog, brilliant with kids and livestock,he got killed while out on loan to the local fellpack {thats another story}.

• Like 2

My old beddy greyhound bitch one hell of a day time dog she could hunt up like a hound put a lot of game to bed with her , my mates old terrier very good rock pile dog lost in rock 9 year old , two sad days I will never forget , Rip blue an midget

• Like 3

A red fell dog that i bred myself out of a mediocre bitch back to a good dog of Gary Middletons, Rastus could work Pheasants as well as any spaniel in the beating line, as long as there was no earths in the wood.

To ground he was as hard as the Hobs of Hell, a dog to do a certain job, He walkaway from a fight with another dog, brilliant with kids and livestock,he got killed while out on loan to the local fellpack {thats another story}.

what happend pal if you dont mind me asking?

A black rough coated dog called bud I got in 98 as a pup... Learnt more digging to this dog than any other I've had before or since... He's resting under a big old oak next to the first earth he was dug in, on the old golf course I used to live on, first time to ground he did 8 hrs, we broke through to him eating his quarry, hardly a mark on him, stuck in my mind because he was only 11 months old at the time. He had his faults mind... Couldn't be kennelled/coupled with any other dog or bitch, you break through lift him and he used to try and screw the bull x lol, good times before the ban when we never gave a f**k and would tip dogs in just about anywhere. Most them places I'd walk past these days hopefully being that little bit wiser.I'm not ashamed to admit I shed tears when I had him pts , just didn't have the heart to do it myself.the golf course is now a county park all the earth's empty these days,how times change- Rip Big Budpost-99494-0-70658100-1503507622.jpgpost-99494-0-45327000-1503507699_thumb.jpg

• Like 17

I have had a few dogs and I couldn't fault them back then and my little JR in particular was a special fella. But I have decided to enjoy the one I have now. Even though he is a pain in the ass his the dog I have and I intend to enjoy him regardless

34469060956_fcbbf4d64f_b.jpg

• Like 2

A spaniel X terrier called "Rags" , had him from 6weeks lost him at 18 , Had some great days with this dog & what a character , I was due to go too the Scottish highlands a trip I'd set my heart on , well the dog took ill and I never went as he was dying & after 18yrs I wanted to be there , the boys headed off on the ferry early morning heading for the highlands & by dinner time the little Fukcer came too and was bouncing round like a puppy :) , a couple of weeks later he died I was devastated too be honest , he's buried under my decking and 11yrs down the line I still sit and laugh at the times we (Taffy off here loved him ;)) had , I went out and replaced my Vehicle Reg after died . . R495 Man . . Which reads RAGS MAN

Rip Rags.

• Like 6