Favourite Big Game Animal

9 hours ago, Stag75 said:

Hunting native animals in their own country is sporting.

Hunting 'feral' animals, such as those who have escaped captivity and having to use a pack of dogs is something else. The hunter hunting native species has a challenge of animals in their hone that they have known all of their lives. An escaped feral cat or similar is at a disadvantage. 

An animal shot with a rifle will have a quick and humane death. Hunting animals as you do will subject them to stress, fear and being torn apart by a pack of dogs is very different to being shot. 

I'm not sure you're in a position to judge anyone really. Still, I'm sure you're nice and safe with your dogs to help you. 

I was actually going to breed some dogs for you guys,boerboel cross patterdale for when warthogs go to ground,so you can put some effort into your hunting.Shooting an animal the size of a barn in a cage with a cannon isn't a challenge.

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

How would you know? The same way the antis know what we do is I suppose. On a thread about big game hunting, try showing a bit of respect eh.

Has anyone stopped to consider, maybe we view the big 5 (or 8 ?) differently as we don't have them in our country. I was once told I was wrong for shooting rabbits in the numbers I did, by a shoo

My merkel side by side with what was an angry buffalo

Posted Images

18 hours ago, delboy_187 said:

I'm far from an anti mate far from it . ?

Far from an advocate of animal welfare too. I see a few cows had you bayed in a tree from a recent post of yours. The hunter became the hunted eh! ?

You wrote :-

"3 of us ended up a tree one night for at least an our surrounded while the dogs were free bein charged at some night of laughing ?? glad your ok "

Shame you didn't man up to help prevent them being trampled by the cows. 

Edited by Stag75
10 hours ago, Aussie Whip said:

I was actually going to breed some dogs for you guys,boerboel cross patterdale for when warthogs go to ground,so you can put some effort into your hunting.Shooting an animal the size of a barn in a cage with a cannon isn't a challenge.

Last place I hunted them was 40,000 acres. You 'hunt' them with a team of dogs in what? Four square meters? They have no chance to get away as your digging them out with a load of much needed doggies?

You go fishing with a net in a rain barrel too? 

16 hours ago, Stag75 said:

Far from an advocate of animal welfare too. I see a few cows had you bayed in a tree from a recent post of yours. The hunter became the hunted eh! ?

You wrote :-

"3 of us ended up a tree one night for at least an our surrounded while the dogs were free bein charged at some night of laughing ?? glad your ok "

Shame you didn't man up to help prevent them being trampled by the cows. 

Some crack it was too ye ...if only you were ther wit your guns arnie:gunsmilie: good look to bitchen mate slan

19 hours ago, Stag75 said:

Last place I hunted them was 40,000 acres. You 'hunt' them with a team of dogs in what? Four square meters? They have no chance to get away as your digging them out with a load of much needed doggies?

You go fishing with a net in a rain barrel too? 

No, but I hear there is some endangered whale sharks in a pond you'd probably be interested in blowing away to cater for your macho insecurities.You must have great bush skills to track an elephant,sort of like tracking a backhoe.

Edited by Aussie Whip
  • Haha 1
6 hours ago, delboy_187 said:

Some crack it was too ye ...if only you were ther wit your guns arnie:gunsmilie: good look to bitchen mate slan

3 hours ago, Aussie Whip said:

No, but I hear there is some endangered whale sharks in a pond you'd probably be interested in blowing away to cater for your macho insecurities.You must have great bush skills to track an elephant,sort of like tracking a backhoe.

If only you two had worked harder at school eh? 

P.S Dunno about the elephant. Cats, primates bear and pachyderms ain't for me. Although they might be better than feeding a pack of dogs whilst pretending it's hunting? 

All the best. 

• 1 month later...
On Saturday, July 14, 2018 at 06:25, Aussie Whip said:

Here is a picture of a buffalo I HUNTED a while ago. We hunted 5 days tracking on average 15km a day, and finally got a good shot in. Now I am definitely not here to convince or argue with you about what is hunting and what is not, but if it was not for trophy hunting, africa wouldnt have had half the animals that it has at the moment. Now this bull is about 12-14years old, way past his prime, not breeding anymore and had almost no teeth left...

20180620_115350.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
16 minutes ago, Savanna said:

Here is a picture of a buffalo I HUNTED a while ago. We hunted 5 days tracking on average 15km a day, and finally got a good shot in. Now I am definitely not here to convince or argue with you about what is hunting and what is not, but if it was not for trophy hunting, africa wouldnt have had half the animals that it has at the moment. Now this bull is about 12-14years old, way past his prime, not breeding anymore and had almost no teeth left...

20180620_115350.jpg

I remember watching a program,an auction for breeding stock,i think it was some safari club?One member payed a million dollars? for a buffalo that was physically perfect,a breeding bull,it had the most incredible boss,i just tried to google it and found this link below which blows the million dollar price tag clean out of the water,without hunting a lot of wildlife would exist only in zoos or as photos in a book.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-02-15/buffalo-valued-at-record-11-1-million-in-auction-beeld-says

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Savanna said:

20180620_115350.jpg

Its not the hunting or killing that annoys me,its where your brains at wanting to do it.Its not for food or pest control.Its like your trying to conquer a superior creature to you for your ego's sake.Killing that buff would be like killing your grandad in a nursing home,so extra pathetic.Puting a price on the worlds most awesome animals is like puting a price on your family in my eyes.If you want to be a man take it out with a knife.

25 minutes ago, Aussie Whip said:

Its not the hunting or killing that annoys me,its where your brains at wanting to do it.Its not for food or pest control.Its like your trying to conquer a superior creature to you for your ego's sake.Killing that buff would be like killing your grandad in a nursing home,so extra pathetic.Puting a price on the worlds most awesome animals is like puting a price on your family in my eyes.If you want to be a man take it out with a knife.

Each place has it's own game and it's own traditions. Enjoy your sport and leave others to theirs is what I say.

Good luck this coming season!

• Like 4
5 hours ago, Aussie Whip said:

Wouldn't killing it with a knife be exactly the same as gun in your eyes.  Its a ego boost